Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 12-12-2006, 12:52 PM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by mother9987
I'm not sure why it's not working for you, but I assure you I don't craft with any mod except my own :P

Does EQ2 not load at all with the tradeskill window, or does the tradeskill window just not come up in-game? Do you get any kind of message?
I just get the original tradeskill window and it seems to ignore the fact that your mod is even in my UI directory.

Now, I realize that I have been away from EQ2 a while, so maybe I am doing something wrong because I have forgotten one of those critical little tricks that I should know about how to get mods to work properly. However, I have several other mods that I have downloaded, then extracted to my UI directory, and they work just fine. So I just want to know what's going on and get it working.

I currently have four of your mods installed - Mother's Mail 1.0.0, Mother's Tradeskills 1.0.1, Mother's Maintained Spells 2.0.1, & Mother's Pricing 1.2.0, but only the last two seem to be working, while the first two are being ignored completely. I just added your Mother's A.D.D. Death Window 1.0.1 today, so I don't know yet how it will work.

Please, if you can tell me what I am doing wrong, I will be a very happy camper! I'm not insisting that it is anything wrong with your mods at all, just telling you what is happening and asking for help.

Thanks for the work and the reply.

Update: (12-13-2006 at 5:56 AM CST)

Well, I have no idea what I changed, but everything is now working properly!

Like I said above, I figured I was doing something wrong and this just shows I was right. LOL

Thanks again for all your hard work, Mother. Please keep it up and keep helping us out.

Last edited by Sinbad : 12-13-2006 at 06:58 AM.
Unread 12-13-2006, 12:55 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Everfrost

Glad to see you got it working, as I had no idea why only half your mods would work

Good luck!
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 12-18-2006, 01:12 PM
A Griffon

Default Happy 20k downloads to me!

Just wanted to say I'm glad so many people like my work!

Guess I'm not nearly as odd as I thought in my taste
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 12-28-2006, 11:12 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle

Is there a way to update the spoiler POI list?
There has been a ton of POI's added that are not on my spoiler.
many thanks
Wolfe
Unread 12-30-2006, 09:58 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Noob Question about the UI

Mother - I am a noob to the forums but I tried to do my due diligence and read through this thread to find an answer before asking. Well I am here so I didn't. Just loaded your map spoiler UI and everything appears to function properly with the following exception. I can only see blue text in a black window. I cant see a scroll bar, I cant see the minimize/maximize/close button. I just have a black window. I tired right clicking and messing with the windows settings but nothing seemed to fix it. Thanks for the help and the great UI.

Sharakari - Lvl 70 Fury
Unrest
Unread 01-01-2007, 10:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Map Spoiler Updates?

I love Map Spoiler but noticed that the spoilers are only as new as the last Map Spoiler update. Is there a way to update the spoilers with adds & changes map by the EQ2Map updater on a more regular basis?
Unread 01-02-2007, 09:10 AM
A Griffon

In answer to both of the previous posts, I'm working with another author on this site to get an updater for the spoiler written. Hopefully it'll do the install of the spoiler and take care of all the problems people have getting it working...

And allow the map pages to be updated more often than my lazy bottom does it on my own.
Unread 01-05-2007, 10:26 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Runnyeye

Hello Mother,

First off thanks for all the great mods and keep up the good work

I post in reference to your mail window I am using it but wondered if you could (when you have a spare moment) consider adding another feature to it.

I was using a mail window in the past that allowed me to "insert" a set text from file in my case all my crafters levels and home address etc... I would love to see this feature added to your great window.

Still gonna keep on using yours regardless since it works very well as it is, but hope you might consider this request

Thanks.

D.

P.s Mod I refer to is here :

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4010
Unread 01-20-2007, 08:46 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hello Mother,
First let me congratulate with you for your musical tastes.
Then let me speak about your UI mods: I love the Tank finder and Tank assist utilities in the group window.
I loaded all of the Player/Target/Group windows and I'm very happy.
I am not yet raiding but I will try out the raid window when time will come.
And then there are the questions:
I had some problems with the tank finder utility, cause when the tank had a pet it targeted the pet instead of the tank.
I made some experiments and found out that it is due to the repetition of the command "target_group_member=#".
I know that this repetition is due to the fact that the first time the command is executed it writes a new property instead of doing what it is intended; the next time you hit the macro though, the property is still there, and so the command is actually repeated, which result in targeting the pet of the tank.
You can avoid this by writing the command without the "=". This way it is not interpreted as a property creation string and you can write it only once.
Alternatively you can create in the proper window the property "Target_Group_Member" so that the command works even on the first time . Again you can write the command only once.
I have tested both ways and on my system they both work.
One thing I did't understand was the reason for the command "Target_None" at the end of the Onpress property. I eliminated it and the tankfinder and tankassist seem to work anyway.
Could you please explain?
Thanks,
Beri
Unread 01-22-2007, 09:47 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silfuin
Hello Mother,
First let me congratulate with you for your musical tastes.
Then let me speak about your UI mods: I love the Tank finder and Tank assist utilities in the group window.
I loaded all of the Player/Target/Group windows and I'm very happy.
I am not yet raiding but I will try out the raid window when time will come.
And then there are the questions:
I had some problems with the tank finder utility, cause when the tank had a pet it targeted the pet instead of the tank.
I made some experiments and found out that it is due to the repetition of the command "target_group_member=#".
I know that this repetition is due to the fact that the first time the command is executed it writes a new property instead of doing what it is intended; the next time you hit the macro though, the property is still there, and so the command is actually repeated, which result in targeting the pet of the tank.
You can avoid this by writing the command without the "=". This way it is not interpreted as a property creation string and you can write it only once.
Alternatively you can create in the proper window the property "Target_Group_Member" so that the command works even on the first time . Again you can write the command only once.
I have tested both ways and on my system they both work.
One thing I did't understand was the reason for the command "Target_None" at the end of the Onpress property. I eliminated it and the tankfinder and tankassist seem to work anyway.
Could you please explain?
Thanks,
Beri
The target_none was supposed to prevent the tank finder from switching between the tank and his pet. By making sure that you always had nothing targeted before attempting to target the tank. You are right about the code changes needed to make the mod work correctly. I've kinda meant to put them in myself, but have been distracted recently.
Unread 01-22-2007, 09:52 AM
A Griffon

Default End of Life for Mother's UI

I know that I have some fans, and therefore some people will be sad to hear the news... But I will no longer be supporting Mother's UI pieces for EQ2.

I plan to make the switch to Vanguard in a week and will be making mods for that game.

I may occasionally update some of my EQ2 stuff (for Game Updates) as I am planning to go station access and will occasionally log in to EQ2. But the updates will probably not be quick, and there will be no new windows tackled.

Thank you for all your support and I hope you enjoy the work I plan to contribute over at VGInterface.com!
Unread 01-22-2007, 10:33 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

How about the auto update utility you were working on for the EQ2 Map Spoiler, any status on that by chance?
Unread 02-11-2007, 11:35 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unrest
Default EQ2 Map Spoiler

I make the appropriate changes to the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file, however, everytime I load EQ2 it dowloads a default file. Do I have to make these changes each time I load EQ2 before actually hitting PLAY or am I missing something.
Unread 02-11-2007, 02:11 PM
A Griffon

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HutchEQ2I
I make the appropriate changes to the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file, however, everytime I load EQ2 it dowloads a default file. Do I have to make these changes each time I load EQ2 before actually hitting PLAY or am I missing something.
you're not editting the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file in your Default directory, are you?

sir ansfrid takahityo of mithaniel marr — paladin, amorer, and guild advisor for the <knightshift>
Unread 02-12-2007, 11:40 AM
A Coastal Crab

Hi Mother,

A little help if you could Here is my mainhud_map.xml folder and there is not a <include>eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml</include> in which to place under it the mapspoiler <include> so what should I do Should I put in the <include>eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml</include> and then the mapspoiler <inlclude> under it? Please help. I think this is a fantastic idea and can't wait to try it out. Thankyou for your hard work and any help you can give.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <Page eq2opensound="ui_window_book_open" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="237,105" Name="Map" NormalSize="484,640" OnHide="TM_Plugins.OnHideWindow.Activated=true StartUp=False" OnHoverIn="TM_Plugins.OnHoverInWindow.Activated=true UserResizable=false" OnHoverOut="TM_Plugins.OnHoverOutWindow.Activated=true" OnShow="TM_Plugins.OnShowWindow.Activated=true Reset.Activated=True QM_Process.Activated=true StartUp=True" ScrollExtent="484,640" Size="484,640" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="true" version="1.1.0">
<include>eq2map/core_menu.xml</include>
<include>eq2map/core_process.xml</include>
<include>eq2map/core_plugins.xml</include>
- <Page AbsorbsInput="false" Location="17,63" Name="QM_Overlay" NormalLocation="17,63" NormalSize="438,510" ScrollExtent="438,510" Size="438,510">
<include>eq2map/core_overlay.xml</include>
</Page>
<include>eq2map/core_mapstyles.xml</include>
- <DataSource Name="TabSource">
<Data Name="World" target="P1" text="World" />
<Data Name="City" target="P2" text="Current City" />
<Data Name="Zone" target="P2" text="Current Zone" />
</DataSource>
- <Page AbsorbsInput="false" Location="17,63" Name="LocationPage" NormalLocation="18,65" NormalSize="438,510" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0018/0001,0065/0001" RStyleDefault="/rectlist.chat_bubble_frame" ScrollExtent="439,506" Size="439,506">
<include>eq2map/skinnable_LocationImages.xml</include>
</Page>
- <Page Location="17,63" Name="MapPage" NormalLocation="17,63" NormalSize="438,510" RStyleDefault="/rectlist.chat_bubble_frame" ScrollExtent="438,510" Size="438,510">
<include>eq2map/zones_world.xml</include>
<include>eq2map/zones_qeynos.xml</include>
<include>eq2map/zones_freeport.xml</include>
<include>eq2map/core_underlay.xml</include>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundColor="#FFFFFF" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" BackgroundTint="#000000" Location="1,2" Name="TM_DarknessOverlay" NormalLocation="1,2" NormalSize="436,506" Opacity="0.000" ScrollExtent="436,506" Size="436,506" />
<Image Location="1,2" Name="WorldMap" NormalLocation="1,2" NormalSize="436,506" ScrollExtent="436,506" Size="436,506" Style="MapStyles.world" Visible="false" />
<Image Location="1,2" Name="CityMap" NormalLocation="1,2" NormalSize="436,506" ScrollExtent="436,506" Size="436,506" Style="MapStyles.freeport" Visible="false" />
<Image Location="1,2" Name="ZoneMap" NormalLocation="1,2" NormalSize="436,506" ScrollExtent="436,506" Size="436,506" Style="MapStyles.exp01_cty_majdul" />
</Page>
<include>eq2map/skinnable_Skinnable_Styles.xml</include>
<include>eq2map/skinnable_WindowElements.xml</include>
</Page>

Watch your step, you never know what might slip you up.
Unread 02-12-2007, 11:46 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

TopazMystress, Mapspoiler needs to be included in eq2ui_mainhud.xml.
Unread 02-13-2007, 10:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by anfrey
you're not editting the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file in your Default directory, are you?
Yes I did. Also put a copy in my EQ2Maps directory.
Unread 03-02-2007, 05:07 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Crushbone

Minor little bug with the timer window since LU32. It works fine, but when I use the commands to set the time (/show_window MainHUD.Timer.[timer#].[#]m, /show_window MainHUD.Timer.[timer3].[##], and /show_window MainHUD.Timer.[timer#].[#]) I get the following message 8 times per command:

/testcopy is only available on PVP worlds.

I've got it shuffled over to my combat window, so not a huge deal, but anyone have any idea why it'd start doing that? I tried every command in my timer macro individually, so I know it's those three.
Unread 03-02-2007, 06:52 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodrelhai
Minor little bug with the timer window since LU32. It works fine, but when I use the commands to set the time (/show_window MainHUD.Timer.[timer#].[#]m, /show_window MainHUD.Timer.[timer3].[##], and /show_window MainHUD.Timer.[timer#].[#]) I get the following message 8 times per command:

/testcopy is only available on PVP worlds.

I've got it shuffled over to my combat window, so not a huge deal, but anyone have any idea why it'd start doing that? I tried every command in my timer macro individually, so I know it's those three.
I uploaded a fix for that to Mother's download location (had to fix it anyway since I distribute it with my UI).
Unread 03-12-2007, 02:05 AM
Snoogans!
Premium Member

Server: Befallen
Default Questions regarding map spoiler window...

I recently started using this mod and noticed that the first time I open my map window after logging in the spoiler opens with it and is blank. However, when I close and re-open the map window the spoiler window refreshes with the PoI's and that the spoiler window does not close when I close the map window.
I was wondering if this was intentional or not and if there was anyway to change it so there isn't a forced opening of the spoiler window when opening the map the first time, and also wondering if there is a way to make it so the spoiler window closes when the map window closes?
I'm not necessarily suggesting a change to one posted for download, unless I'm not the only one who'd like to see that, I will settle for someone helping me and telling me what I need to change/add to the xml files to make that happen.

If this is something that can be done and someone can help me out with I would greatly appreciate it.
Unread 04-02-2007, 08:44 PM
A Coastal Crab

I love these UI's, as an old player of FFXI these really look great to me.

However with the new LU 33 the raid window is showing the wrong class icons for the classes

Last edited by Zenithan : 04-02-2007 at 09:04 PM.
Unread 09-14-2007, 11:10 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk

I am a big fan of your interface pieces!

Was wondering if you were planning or could plan to adjust the raid window to do a click to cast? Would be excellent as a raiding healer.
Thanks!
Unread 10-15-2007, 02:49 PM
A Griffon

Hi everyone! Been a long time since I've checked in at this site.

I'm thinking seriously about coming home from Vanguard. I had my reasons for leaving EQ2, and I think many of them are still valid, but I'm considering the possibility that I chose the wrong game to leave for.

Anyhow, all the posts on my individual mods and in this thread are touching. Even if I do come back to playing full-time, I can't guarantee anything about returning to modding as I've forgotten a lot of EQ2's XML (Vanguard's was completely different and I'd be learning EQ2 all over from scratch).

But I did want to say thanks to everyone who liked my stuff. Almost 100k downloads now... wow, that's a lot of love to see!

Mother
Unread 10-15-2007, 04:37 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

hey, welcome back, good to see you.
Unread 03-13-2008, 04:48 PM
A Griffon

Hello again, all. I've finally got my new toon back close to my guildies (level 65), and my work life somewhat sorted out. And I fired up the UIEditor for the first time in forever.

I was just messing with the connectionstats window, but it worked on the first try!

I'm thinking about catching some of my UI windows up to modern times if there's interest.

I know the group window needs overhauling. (Thanks to demyte and Athranil and Zonx - I've incorporated the click to cure code into it), and am working on a few other improvements based on my gameplay experiences since returning.

I know I'm playing with a default death window (which I'm guessing means the old one stopped working), and I've messed up in one group so far by clicking on revive when I shouldn't have. So that's on my list also.

Thanks gm9 for fixing the timer window. I suppose I could rerelease it with your code, but since I have no enhancements to that, I think I'll leave it.

Anyhow, I'm wondering - what else is broken, needs updating to take advantage of new features, etc. I can't make any concrete time commitments, but I'd like to polish up a few of my pieces.

And like I said, the group window is currently in opened up while I beat some new features into it.

Mother