EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 03-30-2008, 03:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Keybindings

Quite frequently, the keybindings revert to default on my hotbars. I can't figure out exactly when it does this unfortunately. I have saved a new keyboard layout, but this doesn't change the keybindings at all when I reload it. Any suggestions on what is happening and if I can fix this?

Thanks too for a slick interface.

A
Unread 03-31-2008, 01:30 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

known bug (with the game, not the UI), search function is at the top for a workaround
Unread 03-31-2008, 03:01 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I had the same problem for a long time, and got fairly sick of it.
I created a custom file in my /EverQuest II/layouts/ folder called EQ2-CustomMode.cfg

I saved my keymap binding using the in-game command to my own file (i forget the slash command off hand) named eq2_keymap_custom.ini

And put this in my EQ2-CustomMode.cfg:
Code:
name=Custom
options=
uisettings=
colors=
keymaps=eq2_keymap_custom.ini
Can fill in the other lines too if needed with any custom stuff you can save from within game. Then, select this "Custom" profile in your options next time you log in.

I also have a hotkey created to /load_uisettings for each of my characters, so that they're chat tabs work correctly
It's a pain that this stuff doesn't JUST WORK... but ya do with what ya can.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 03-31-2008 at 03:04 AM.
Unread 03-31-2008, 01:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the advice but what you are writing Drumstix42 is in a foreign language. I have some knowledge as a user but haven't a clue about programming. I did find a keymap file in the /keyboards folder but this looks rather complicated to me.

I also did a search of the forum and web to find some solutions, but found nothing so far. I'll keep searching anyway.
Unread 03-31-2008, 11:52 PM
A Griffon
Featured

There should be a command to save your keybind settings, as in /save_keybinds or something along those lines.

What you would have to do is setup your keys in-game, and use this command to save it to a custom file. You can then set this to be used in the config file I explained above. I know I'm not being very precise, but I don't have time to thoroughly explain the process I use at the moment!

*EDIT*
Here, this may help more:
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/p...=40833&#333590

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 03-31-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Unread 04-03-2008, 03:51 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for the link. It still looks like double-dutch though. I may give it a go when I feel brave.

In the meantime I've found a working solution. I've set up all my keybindings and user options such as lighting and graphics. I now don't touch the whole of the options page nor use windowed mode as that was triggering the default too. Simple but inconvenient.

http://eq2.tentonhammer.com/index.ph...eid=8&meid=125

For an easy to follow guide to customise the display to your computer.