EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 02-08-2005, 11:28 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Beta 1
Default Second chat window (want it gone )

Can anyone help me figure out how i can get rid of my second chat window plz, everytime i log back in after removing it, it comes right back. here is what i have tried so far..

clicked X at top ( came back when i relogged on )

added to main chat to make tab and then deleted it but it came back and in same place it was.

set to be invis and move off screen ( thought it was a gonner but the cat came back )

right clicked on window ( have no close option there )

searched all forums i could think of.

sent in a bug report.

sent in a petition.

talked to a wise GM who suggested i ask my fellow players, i done that no one knew
how to help. ( seems GM's know how to do the shuffle ) who said they cant dance.

Talked to GM in chat from login screen, who told me to talk to *guide* ( someone who should know less then GM i would think. mind you GM was busy joking with ppl in chat and had no time to answer.

Guide told me to search forums and ask fellow players
Soooo fellow players...can anyone help ? im going crazy ..yes im well beyond frustrated.

thnx for any help or info
Unread 02-08-2005, 11:32 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

You don't have your file set to read-only do you?

Have you tried closing it, zoning, then camping out properly?
Unread 02-08-2005, 12:02 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

hehe opposite problem of people who can't get the new windows they make to be there when they log back in.
Unread 02-08-2005, 12:39 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

I had the same problem as this at the same time the tabbed chat windows were clearing and not holding filters and stuff, and the darn odd window like you say that kept on coming back.... I tried everything this is what eventualy worked for me :

Quit the game went to the UI files folder got eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml from the default folder and dropped it in my custom UI folder and overwrited the one in there (I had to do this as the custom UI I am using had no X button in the corner of the chat window)

Deleted the file eq2_recent.ini in the EverQuestII folder

Loaded the game back up

Closed that odd window I didnt want

Checked all my filters on the tabbed windows and set the options I wanted resized them etc

Logged back off, To enable Eq2 to make a new eq2_recent.ini file before anything else got messed up lol

Then logged back in an whoopee it worked !

And I put the custom chat window back in later on as well and everything is still good.

I know deletion of the eq2_recent.ini has been mentioned elsewhere in here before, But for some reason just doing that didnt work for me, So I thought I would list exactly what I did in order to fix it (thanks to whoever it was gave out the info to delete that file in the first place)

Hope this works.
Unread 02-10-2005, 05:28 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Beta 1

still nothing works to get rid of second window
Unread 02-27-2005, 12:14 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle

I had a similar problem on home computer but not work. Discovered second TAB window popped the first time I pressed ENTER to chat.

I kept setting "ALWAYS CHAT HERE" to primary window and close tab and it would disappear but it would unstick on log off. I can't recall if it still happens since I found the work around I probably just setup the window when I log in. I'll try your recommendations above for fixing window problems.
Unread 02-27-2005, 01:43 PM
A Griffon

Server: Toxxulia

I had these same problems. Only way I was able to fix it, was by starting test server, recreating my UI under a test char name. Set up all my chat, windows, blah blah stuff the yway I wanted. Exited test EQ. Took that char.ini from the test server directory and copied to my Live EQ dir.

Next renamed the UI.ini from test to my current char.ini.

It worked!

So, it seems that something on live end is corrupting the .ini's somewhere. I tried everything else that everyone has mentioned and this test server thing was only way I could fix mine.