EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 11-22-2006, 02:45 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Toxxulia
Default Map Spoiler Request

I love this mod first and foremost. But I have a request...

Is there way to have the spoiler NOT open automatically when the Map is opened up? I would rather chose when I want spoiler open instead of it automatically opening everytime I reopen the map. I know I can simply click th emin or close button, but that is extra clicking. Just a request for my own personal tastes. If you want, just tell where in the code it is telling it to auto open on Map open and I can alter it for my suit.

Thank you for a wonderful, useful mod!!!
-dn
Unread 11-22-2006, 02:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore
Question Mapspoiler example_eq2ui_mainhud.xml?

I can't find this file in the .zip, and don't already have one for my UI. Any chance you could just post what the contents should be here? Many thanks!
Unread 11-22-2006, 02:51 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by depechenode
I love this mod first and foremost. But I have a request...

Is there way to have the spoiler NOT open automatically when the Map is opened up? I would rather chose when I want spoiler open instead of it automatically opening everytime I reopen the map. I know I can simply click th emin or close button, but that is extra clicking. Just a request for my own personal tastes. If you want, just tell where in the code it is telling it to auto open on Map open and I can alter it for my suit.

Thank you for a wonderful, useful mod!!!
-dn
The code is in the eq2map\plugin7.xml in a control called OnLoadWindow. Originally I had planned to have the mapspoiler hide itself when it was first loaded - the /show_window has to load the spoiler (even if it's made invisible after) so that the plugin can keep the spoiler page synced to the map page.

There's surely a better way to accomplish that, however. That and figuring out how to make the stupid scrollbar scroll more than one pixel at a time are the two biggest annoyances I still have with the spoiler.

Mother
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 11-22-2006, 02:53 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrsan
I can't find this file in the .zip, and don't already have one for my UI. Any chance you could just post what the contents should be here? Many thanks!
Doh, I haven't updated the spoiler in so long I knew I had forgotten something!

You can just copy the eq2ui_mainhud.xml out of the UI\Default folder to your custom UI folder and then edit it. I'll try to get a version up with the correction ASAP.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 11-22-2006, 02:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore

Silly me, if I weren't brain dead today, I woulda thought of that! Thanks Mother!
Unread 11-22-2006, 09:16 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sablerose
Just found this very helpful map addition. And, I'm loving it.

I'd like to know if it would be possible to make a way to make the spoiler not just open, but close along with the map. I use the Backspace key for my map, and when I backspace again to close the map, the spoiler remains open.

This is a bit of a hassle, as I open/close my map frequently on-the-run, and having to mouse over and click the spoiler closed takes time I need for course correction.

Thanks for making such a wonderful helper.

I agree, I have my map key binded to my mouse wheel button and it would be nice to close the spoiler along with the map when I click this button
Unread 11-24-2006, 08:32 PM
A Coastal Crab

Question Naked windows

Any chance you could post "naked" versions of the target and implied windows, or tell me which lines in the .xml to edit/remove?
Unread 11-25-2006, 09:59 AM
A Griffon

Default Works for all but EoF maps

For some reason, the spoiler works perfect for all maps BUT the new EoF maps!

On my other machine, the Spoiler works for EoF maps, but I get NOT icons/dots on the EQ2map. This machine, I have the icons/poi dots, but the spoiler (even after closing and reopening the map) remains blank. Any suggs? Do I need to uininstall and re-install EQ2Map maybe?
Unread 11-25-2006, 10:10 AM
A Griffon

Default Ok figured it out

Man I love this mod!!! Ok, I had to reinstall EQ2map and reinstall the Spoiler. Once I did, it works PERFECT!
Unread 11-26-2006, 03:42 AM
A Brown Bear

Default Minor Bug

Feature request Map Spoiler:

Would be great if i could hide the background with the opto. slider, so only the entries are visible like MaddBombers Tracking window (an depend on opto on mouse over it shows scrollbar.

Thanks

Cyber

Last edited by Cybernetix : 11-26-2006 at 05:42 PM.
Unread 11-26-2006, 04:31 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Group window query

Have installed a variety of Mother's interfaces and all are working great (a big thanks Mother), except my group window. My health and power bars are correct but the percentages always show 0%. When I mouse over, the correct percentages are available.

I'm assuming that since nobody else has reported this error, it must either be one of my UI settings or a conflicting UI mod. Any suggestions would be greatfully received.

Thanks
Unread 11-26-2006, 05:11 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybernetix
Think found solution (workaround). When first opening the Map after logg-in the spoiler appears with it, hitting "M" to close the map and again "M" for reopening then it seems the spoiler updates and I could see the entries.
FYI: that workaround is listed in the description of the mod:

Quote:
Known issues:
Spoiler page doesn't populate the first time you open the map window. Press 'M' a few times to open and close it and the window should populate.
I would like to add my name to the request for getting the window to close via the M key but would prefer the ability to close the window via the ESC key instead / as well.
Unread 11-26-2006, 07:46 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozzlev
Have installed a variety of Mother's interfaces and all are working great (a big thanks Mother), except my group window. My health and power bars are correct but the percentages always show 0%. When I mouse over, the correct percentages are available.

I'm assuming that since nobody else has reported this error, it must either be one of my UI settings or a conflicting UI mod. Any suggestions would be greatfully received.

Thanks
I'm aware of the problem. The mod is coded correctly, but the EQ2 client does not properly update the text. All I can suggest is /bug'ing it and hoping SOE fixes the client. In the meantime, I had to go back to the absolute raw numbers. I left the percent option in, hoping that it would eventually be fixed, but that seems less and less likely as months go by.
Unread 11-28-2006, 12:25 PM
A Coastal Crab

OK here's my issue, the only mod that I had to install was EQ2maps, otherwise I use a bag mod and a persona/inspect mod, both of which I just had to manually put in the UI folder. I've done what the installing notes said but everytime I try to load EQ2, the game itself patches my eq2ui_mainhud.xml file and I'm stuck with a black box. Any ideas?
Unread 11-28-2006, 01:04 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Yes, read the FAQ (you are installing/editing in the wrong folder).
Unread 12-02-2006, 02:01 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Crushbone

Note on using the timer:

If you use the eq2ui_mainHUD_example.xml Mother provides (put it in your custom UI folder and rename to eq2ui_mainHUD.xml per instructions), you will lose function of your achievement and guild heraldry selection windows - they'll pop up, but you won't be able to do much of anything with them. To correct this, add these lines to the eq2ui_mainHUD.xml file:

Code:
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_achievements.xml</include>
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_guildheraldry.xml</include>
Alternately, copy the eq2ui_mainHUD.xml file from your default UI folder to your custom UI folder and add:

Code:
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_timer.xml</include>
With that fix, love the timer. Mother, my coercer thanks you from the bottom of his black and twisted heart!
Unread 12-03-2006, 12:11 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Map Project

Anyone try this with EQ2Map Auto and Fetish 7.5?
Unread 12-03-2006, 03:37 PM
A Griffon

I've been noticing some errors in my ui.log file lately and have tracked a couple down to the eq2ui_journals.xml file that comes with the InfoCenter. Mind you, these errors do not negatively effect my gameplay so they really aren't a big deal but it would be nice if I could elliminate them anyways.

Quote:
:: Could not access resource eq2ui_journals_coinweight.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: eq2ui_journals_coinweight.xml
:: Could not access resource eq2ui_journals_nightvision.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: eq2ui_journals_nightvision.xml
:: Could not access resource eq2ui_journals_ministats.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: eq2ui_journals_ministats.xml
Since I'm not using the CoinWeight or the MiniStats mods nor do I even know what the NightVision reference is for could I just remove the following lines from the xml file to get rid of the errors?

Quote:
<include>eq2ui_journals_coinweight.xml</include>
<include>eq2ui_journals_nightvision.xml</include>
<include>eq2ui_journals_ministats.xml</include>
Also, I don't really know where the following errors are coming from but any insight into getting rid of them would be highly appreciated.

Quote:
Encountered </TextStyle> which does not close open container '' of type Namespace
Couldn't load .xml
Encountered data outside of container tags
Unread 12-04-2006, 06:14 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I think you posted in the wrong thread unless mother has released an infocenter as well -- I assume you're talking about Milquetowst' (DBurgdorf's) mod? The additional includes are for other mods from Darryl. You can leave them in or remove them, both is fine.

The last error shows that one of your files has got a closing tag </> without an opening tag <>, i.e. incorrect XML structure.
Unread 12-04-2006, 06:37 AM
A Griffon

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread. I could have sworn that I clicked on the InfoCenter off of my favorites list. I really need to stop posting.

Thanks for the response. I'll try to find the culprit of the missing tag. Funny thing is that I have the same mods installed on 2 computers and only one has that particular error line.

I'll look into and try to post in the appropriate thread if anything becomes of it. Sorry again Mother, I didn't mean to hijack your thread.
Unread 12-07-2006, 06:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default eq2map spoiler question

Just deleted my eq2map files, installed the manual update version instead of the auto updating version, and installed eq2map spoiler as the instructions sate, made the change to the .xml file, and when i log into game, i have an small button on my map window that says Show Spoiler, but it's not clickable. Have tried multiple zones and opening the map several times, but all i get is my regular eq2map interface and an extra button that wont let me turn on/open the spoiler list. Any ideas?
Unread 12-07-2006, 11:26 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unrest

It seems since I ran the EQ2MapUpdater a week or so ago, the map spoiler window gets stuck minimized for some reason.

I open my map window and map spoiler pops up. I can minimize and maximize the map spoiler window then as much as a I want to. I close my map and minimize the map spoiler window. Later on when I go to open maximize the map spoiler window, it won't come down. It almost appears that somehow it got resized and is trying to open up instead of down.

I am using gm9's ProfitUI and just dropped in mother's map spoiler. It was working fine till about a week ago. I have gotten so used to this mod, it is very hard to go without it.

Unread 12-10-2006, 11:44 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Permafrost
Exclamation Mother's Tradeskills - Update Request

I have been away from EQ2 for a while, so when I returned to it recently, of course, the first thing I did was look around for some up-to-date mods because anything I had was strictly out of date.

I like several of your mods and most of them work just fine, but when I put your Tradeskills Window mod in it simply refuses to load up in EQ2 for some reason. All I can get is the standard TS window. I don't know if this is because you don't have a Transmuting window included with it or not, but I am highly suspicious that it might be the case, although I can see that you have told EQ2 to include its own Transmuting window and that should be sufficient to satisfy it.

I am not running any of the expansion and only the first two of the addons - Bloodlines and Splitpaw - so I'm not sure if that would have anything to do with it or not.

Please update this mod because it looks like it would be much more satisfactory than the mod that I am currently having to use in its stead.

Also, thanks for all the hard work and the other nice mods that I am currently using that do work.
Unread 12-12-2006, 09:47 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinbad
I have been away from EQ2 for a while, so when I returned to it recently, of course, the first thing I did was look around for some up-to-date mods because anything I had was strictly out of date.

I like several of your mods and most of them work just fine, but when I put your Tradeskills Window mod in it simply refuses to load up in EQ2 for some reason. All I can get is the standard TS window. I don't know if this is because you don't have a Transmuting window included with it or not, but I am highly suspicious that it might be the case, although I can see that you have told EQ2 to include its own Transmuting window and that should be sufficient to satisfy it.

I am not running any of the expansion and only the first two of the addons - Bloodlines and Splitpaw - so I'm not sure if that would have anything to do with it or not.

Please update this mod because it looks like it would be much more satisfactory than the mod that I am currently having to use in its stead.

Also, thanks for all the hard work and the other nice mods that I am currently using that do work.
I'm not sure why it's not working for you, but I assure you I don't craft with any mod except my own :P

Does EQ2 not load at all with the tradeskill window, or does the tradeskill window just not come up in-game? Do you get any kind of message?
Unread 12-12-2006, 09:50 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansar
It seems since I ran the EQ2MapUpdater a week or so ago, the map spoiler window gets stuck minimized for some reason.

I open my map window and map spoiler pops up. I can minimize and maximize the map spoiler window then as much as a I want to. I close my map and minimize the map spoiler window. Later on when I go to open maximize the map spoiler window, it won't come down. It almost appears that somehow it got resized and is trying to open up instead of down.

I am using gm9's ProfitUI and just dropped in mother's map spoiler. It was working fine till about a week ago. I have gotten so used to this mod, it is very hard to go without it.
Odd... I don't know why this is happening to you. I have had the spoiler get stuck minimized, but only once or twice and not at all recently. I'll see if I can duplicate the problem with the steps you gave.