Closed Thread
Unread 07-15-2005, 12:04 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobara
I am having a couple of issues using your UI currently.

1) Whenever I have a message in the bar to the left of my main Hotbar (spell names, fizzle messages, etc.) I am unable to use my first few hotbar icons until the text in that bar is gone. Hope I am explaining the problem well enough... perhaps the overlay for text to put in that spell cast bar is running over the hotbar?

2) When in my "merchant mode" in my house and I have my store open , I am unable to use the "Find this item" feature in my store window to correctly list prices for items to compare. The button works, the item name appears in the sort box of the newly-opened broker window, but clicking on FIND in the newly-opened Broker window is having no effect. In order to see any others selling that item, I must clear the box by hitting RESET and typing in the item name manually to get a list of sell prices from other sellers in town for each item.

3) Using the HELP window from the OPTIONS popup window is not allowing me to select a topic in the list offered for any search parameters I input. I see the list of article subjects but am unable to mouse over any to sucessfully click to see the contents of the article in the HELP database from SOE... I can use the default window in a default UI fine so I know it is not an SOE problem.

4) in the "inventory window" when I have the coinage window showing, dragging coin to trade with a player or with my bank results in the amount-selector box being hidden behind the main window. I cannot use the selector window to choose coin amounts without moving the inventory window down every time I use the feature. Makes it very tedious when trying to move coin currently.

Think those are all the big issues I have found in the couple of days I have tried this UI. It was a clean install and was happening as of 1.11.4. I see you have a update 13 Jul that is 1.11.5, but dont see any of these issues addressed in your notes so figure they are still there. However, I have installed the new update and will log in shortly to see if the problems I describe are still present.

1. Noticed that last nite myself.. The skill I have on them buttons are long lasting so I hardly used them but I did run into this last nite.. Will get if fixed

2. That should of been fixed in 1.11.5, or it works on my copy. Will double check.

3. that should of been fixed in 1.11.5 also and it works on my copy and again I will double check.

4. oh ha! the amout thing. I thought yall wasn't able to drag coins in and out and that was working so didn't give it much more thought, I'll fixe the amount selecter to popup in the middle of the screen.
Unread 07-15-2005, 01:27 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Ok, I can not get my EQ2 to crash at all after 1.11.5. I ran through QH on extreme quality graphic setting at 2fps for 15 min, then progressed down the scale using the display settings panel every 15 min. Then I did the same for the preset with out any crashing. Now I am trying to think of the most demanding zone and DFC comes to mind. I beg 3 friends to go there and believe me it took begging. One loaded an alt that was doing the sword quest and we went in and completed the quest with out any crashing and I did randomly change display settings and let me tell you one thing. You DO NOT want to be in there with full on graphics with all the orcs running amuck lol.

Any ways, the 2 or 3 of you that are having this issue I am interested in the exact text the error says and also what are your system specs and do you have the most current drivers installed?

My system specs

CPU: AMD 3500+ 64 bit
RAM: 1.5G ram
Video: Gforce 5950 ultra
MB: ABIT KV8MAX3
HD: WD 10k RPM SATA hard drive
Sound: Generic internal sound card

All drivers and bios are the most current or beta.

Last edited by Landiin : 07-15-2005 at 01:30 AM.
Unread 07-15-2005, 06:14 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Toxxulia

I get the memroy crashes all the time, but I don't think it is from the UI, I think my computer just sucks. I am running on 2 256 rams, which I am told is the bare minimum. I don't know anything about computers, so, lol I get lag so bad sometimes, it take 10 minutes to zone, or takes 10 minutes to get from the begining of the qeynos docks, to the bell... even if I have graphics all the way down. Its even worse when it rains. But like I said, I don't think it's the UI, perhaps your computer is as crappy as mine? This is directed to the people who kept saying they were getting memory crashes, sorry I can't remember your names, and I didn't copy and paste a quote, hehe.
P.S. Anyone wanna chip in to get me a better computer haha j/k
Unread 07-15-2005, 11:16 AM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Beta 1

I run 2x mahinces and both get the error so its def the UI never happens if I use laffs

PC 1
3ghz 2mb prescott (intel)
256 5950 Ultra (Nvidia) 77.73 (I think)
100gb 7200 HD
No sound card
1gb corsair
Asus MB

PC 2 (Laptop)
3ghz 64x 2mb cache
256 6800 ultra pcie 77.73 (I think)
1.5gb corsair
80gb 7200 hd
Realtex sound (I think)

Both run XP Pro and have lestest drivers =)

the one time it droped was when I was trying to select a destination when I died in a raid ..... I usually run raids in High Performance and non raids in High Imagery or Ballanced depending on the zone and I also changed the gfx settings thru the options menu a few times and it still got the error. How about you just make a version w/out the crap in the exp bar and send it to me and ill run it.

Also can the inventory be detachable

Usually 1-2 hrs of play will cause a crash. Out of Memory Error blah blah blah
Unread 07-15-2005, 12:21 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

I did read someplace that the latesest Nvida drivers were causing crashes on some systems playing EQ2..... Roll back to the last one and try that.

The experiance window just grab the one out of Perdition bottom or Laffs alt Perdi and drop it into this UI's folder it should fit in the slot.
Unread 07-15-2005, 12:27 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Beta 1

I think the gfx names are diffrent in the extreme ui cus I did put the one in there and didnt work but maybe that was laffs lite
Unread 07-15-2005, 01:50 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Toxxulia

Noticed something else, sry lol, in the market window, when you are searching for items it isn't showing the colors, by colors I mean, red for cannot use.. etc, maybe its just me?! lol could have sworn they were working earlier today

Last edited by omegaslover : 07-15-2005 at 01:51 PM. Reason: stupid typos!
Unread 07-15-2005, 03:09 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Antonia Bayle

ok im not at home so i cant give you the full stats of the pc and stuff...

Error message is: Critical Out Of Memory Error when EQ2 requested <some amount> of bytes ((its something like that))

System Specs:
P4 1.7Ghz
768 MB Ram
30GB HD
ATI Radeon 9550 256MB RAM
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz 5.1 Sound Card
Windows XP Home

I switched down to Very High Performance instead of my normal tweak settings and it seemed to work better.....I think it just might be that the UI demanding a bit more than normal and in high areas it just doesnt like me....did several zones and running through QH and everything seemed to work well last night once I made that change.

EDIT:
A couple other things Landiin.... the hotkey bar that sits with the maintained spells....that one is not queueing at all

Also im getting that wierd color issue with the group window and the bars over the mobs...i know there is a fix and was wondering what it is.
Unread 07-15-2005, 05:38 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagnar
ok im not at home so i cant give you the full stats of the pc and stuff...

Error message is: Critical Out Of Memory Error when EQ2 requested <some amount> of bytes ((its something like that))

System Specs:
P4 1.7Ghz
768 MB Ram
30GB HD
ATI Radeon 9550 256MB RAM
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz 5.1 Sound Card
Windows XP Home

I switched down to Very High Performance instead of my normal tweak settings and it seemed to work better.....I think it just might be that the UI demanding a bit more than normal and in high areas it just doesnt like me....did several zones and running through QH and everything seemed to work well last night once I made that change.

EDIT:
A couple other things Landiin.... the hotkey bar that sits with the maintained spells....that one is not queueing at all

Also im getting that wierd color issue with the group window and the bars over the mobs...i know there is a fix and was wondering what it is.
KK thats what I was thinking with all the backgrounds that are use.

untill LU12 the group bars will be a funky color untill a persn takes about 10% dmg and eq forces a color chage. Same for raid and the bars over the mobs.

Now if your taget,player and other bars are doing it, its a ui_setting issues.. U would think they would fix that huh?
Unread 07-15-2005, 09:52 PM
A Brown Bear

Landlin (or anyone who mods UI's) which .xml am i looking at to change that background on the knowledge window? - and what specifically would i be looking for? (i'm thinking of giving the background that the UI has - the peridigraphics one)

i'll keep hunting around the .xml's that have anything to do with knowledge and hopefully be able to work it out - but any advice is good
Unread 07-15-2005, 10:01 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
KK thats what I was thinking with all the backgrounds that are use.

untill LU12 the group bars will be a funky color untill a persn takes about 10% dmg and eq forces a color chage. Same for raid and the bars over the mobs.

Now if your taget,player and other bars are doing it, its a ui_setting issues.. U would think they would fix that huh?
Thanks Landiin....I wont worry too much about it....was just curious if the colors was an issue...the other bars are fine.

And the backgrounds issue is fine, cause the game still looks ok on Very High Perf
Unread 07-16-2005, 08:24 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Default Update 1.11.6

Update 1.11.6

===============

• Fixed Hotkey resizing, they are still a tad quirky but they will resize
  • Made it where you can hide the Controls on the Hotkeys by hiding the title.
  • Removed some backgrounds from the knowledge window that was causing some people some lag
  • A new and improved inventory window. You can now open and close the mini inventory by pressing the I key. The mini-inventory has been scaled up a lot.
  • Repositioned the read out of the stat strip.
  • Added your location readout.
  • Made the clock window appear in the empty “dead” space in the compass window. It may require some adjustment on your part.
  • New UI Setting file for 1600xXXXX
  • Removed some unneeded graphics and controls.
  • Added group member stats to the group window. ( This will be a static value until LU12 is pushed out but should come alive as soon as it is) Just trying to stay ahead of the game.
  • TONS of internal changes.
Unread 07-16-2005, 01:33 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagnar
Thanks Landiin....I wont worry too much about it....was just curious if the colors was an issue...the other bars are fine.

And the backgrounds issue is fine, cause the game still looks ok on Very High Perf

Well crashed again last night....in QH...on Very High Performance....just don't think my pc likes your ui Landiin
Unread 07-16-2005, 03:39 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Unrest
Default Tweakpack is now Vispack.

I have removed the old Tweakpack and have renamed it Vispack. I have not submitted ini files this time because Landiin has taken care of that in release 1.11.5. Anyhow, all I did here is make all the fonts on the bottom windows size Arial 14, which in my opinion is more visually pleasing.

I used the same pet, and implied target window from the old Tweakpack, and modified the casting bar so it could fit two lines of text. That way the spell you’re casting doesn't get clipped. The breath bar is half the size it was before, because especially for a necro it's not a very important bar.

If there are requests to have the ini files added back, then I will do so.

I have re-submitted it as an add-on for this UI.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vispack.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	3131  
Unread 07-16-2005, 03:49 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Landiin,

A few things about this last release.

1. I love the new inventory window.
2. The exp percentages are still mashed.
3. There's a bug when you click though the inventory windows where it shows the common slots, bags, then cash. When you get to your bags the second and third bag show the two common slots from the previous click. See screen cap for details. Screen is clicked to show bags, I only see 1st, 4th, 5th, ad 6th bag.
4. Suggestion: In your new inventory window, why not do away with the click to see the money, and put the money where you have the Giant class and level, that way every time you hit "I" you'll not only get your inventory, but also your cash.

That's it for now man.. Keep up the good work.

MackGee
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000007.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	3132  
Unread 07-16-2005, 04:12 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Bags in Inventory

Hi

i´ve a probleme with my UI Mod!!!!
I cant set new positions for the bags in my inventory
What i´ve done wrong??
Unread 07-16-2005, 06:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

While I love your UI, I would like to see one change. I use a 19" LCD and it has a max resolution of 1280x1024. If it is at all possible I would like to see a uifiles file for that resolution currently you have 1024x768, 1600x1024m and 1600xXXXX.
Unread 07-16-2005, 07:05 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgenesis
While I love your UI, I would like to see one change. I use a 19" LCD and it has a max resolution of 1280x1024. If it is at all possible I would like to see a uifiles file for that resolution currently you have 1024x768, 1600x1024m and 1600xXXXX.
Try this one.. I had it in my add-on , it's for 1280x1024
Attached Files
File Type: zip server_character_eq2_uisettings.zip (2.2 KB, 176 views)
Unread 07-16-2005, 09:48 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selpura
Hi

i´ve a probleme with my UI Mod!!!!
I cant set new positions for the bags in my inventory
What i´ve done wrong??
What do you mean u can't set new positions? Like u can't move bag from inv slot 1 to inv slot 5?
Unread 07-17-2005, 01:21 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Landiin,

The fetish map that you added has some a problem when you try to shrink the map. It shinks good the first time, then when you try to normalize it, it wont re-size. It stays shrunk until you log out.
Unread 07-17-2005, 02:00 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackgee
Landiin,

The fetish map that you added has some a problem when you try to shrink the map. It shinks good the first time, then when you try to normalize it, it wont re-size. It stays shrunk until you log out.
Its the case of the unnormalizing map? lol

Yea, I can't even get the mini map up on mine now.. I'll reinstall it. No telling what I did the night before when I up late typing in all the loc for the new inventory window.. I found my self in other windows once or twice before I decided it was best to go get sleep ..
Unread 07-17-2005, 02:29 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackgee
Landiin,

A few things about this last release.

1. I love the new inventory window.
2. The exp percentages are still mashed.
3. There's a bug when you click though the inventory windows where it shows the common slots, bags, then cash. When you get to your bags the second and third bag show the two common slots from the previous click. See screen cap for details. Screen is clicked to show bags, I only see 1st, 4th, 5th, ad 6th bag.
4. Suggestion: In your new inventory window, why not do away with the click to see the money, and put the money where you have the Giant class and level, that way every time you hit "I" you'll not only get your inventory, but also your cash.

That's it for now man.. Keep up the good work.

MackGee
fixed.. forgot to turn off EqSlots1 and 16 Can't see them in the uibuilder just in game.
Unread 07-17-2005, 05:27 AM
A Brown Bear

I can now craft!!

legendary, Landliin. 10 stars for a job well done

i was having heaps of trouble with that one
Unread 07-17-2005, 07:57 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Befallen

This is minor, just letting you know. The tradeskill XP is not updating on the partial percentages, only when a full percentage point is reached. Also, it looks like this 50%.43%.

Love the other improvements, this just keeps getting better...Thanks

Last edited by sg97 : 07-17-2005 at 07:59 AM.
Unread 07-17-2005, 01:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hey guys,

Everything is working very good for me, no crashing (besides an eq2 patch I had to troubleshoot, no thanks to tech support). Love the UI, vispack works well on my setup. I did notice some small oddities, but nothing that affects gameplay, just minor annoyances.

1) The first time I turn off sound when running a new eq2 instance, I need to click sound off twice. There after each click toggles correctly, until next time I run the game, and thus repeats. It seems as though default first click is to turn it on even though it already is, and then off on next click. This doesnt affect me since rarely do I have the sound turned off, and I dont mind clickin it twice when I do.

2) I know you don't like crafting, so you might never see this . Whenever I click a counter tradespell, during the duration of its cast (3-4 seconds), a little green box appears in the uppper left of my screen. It doesn't do anything, just comes up to say hello, and then goes away when the spell wears off. Maybe you could give it a face, or use the little dancing banana, give it some purpose for being there. Again, doesnt affect gameplay.

3) I normally play in fullsceen mode, and the UI is set up accordingly, everything in its proper place. Occasionally I have to check the ogaming database to look up a tough heritage quest, or get a waypoint. Whenever I toggle out of fullscreen and then back, the chat box in the bottom left is out of place, and so far down that it goes background invis (I fix I recall, I know I can turn off). The chat bax needs to be repositioned each time fullscreen is changed. Doesnt affect gameplay.

All in all, the interface rocks, and looks fantastic on the digital projector. I hope the detail is of interest. Keep up the great work.

Tym.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screenshot.gif
Views:	218
Size:	346.7 KB
ID:	3137  

Last edited by tymz79 : 07-17-2005 at 01:52 PM. Reason: attach an image
Closed Thread