Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Closed Thread
Unread 11-02-2007, 09:21 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

OK. For now the file you need is called _fetish_mainhud_cures.xml and you need to edit eq2ui_mainhud.xml to make sure that this line is in there somwhere between <Page> and </page>

<include>_Fetish_mainhud_cures.xml</include>

That should bring your curebar back until Zonx does the next update (which if I had to guess, would be for GU40/RoK).
Unread 11-02-2007, 07:51 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thank you very much for the assistance That I can do!
Unread 11-04-2007, 11:34 PM
A Forest Scavenger

My yellow group leader name has changed to white. No matter what zone the group members are in everyone's name is also white unlike if 1 or more group members are in different zones then those names are grey. At the moment for me everyone is white no matter what. Any suggestions to get this fixed?

Thanks for reading and Zonx awesome UI I love it.
Unread 11-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Download Zonx's latest patch and that will go away. ((In other words, issue already fixed)).
Unread 11-05-2007, 06:58 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerahr View Post
My yellow group leader name has changed to white. No matter what zone the group members are in everyone's name is also white unlike if 1 or more group members are in different zones then those names are grey. At the moment for me everyone is white no matter what. Any suggestions to get this fixed?

Thanks for reading and Zonx awesome UI I love it.
From the download page, under the "Add-Ons" section you'll find a patch 9.2.3 that fixes this issue.
Unread 11-14-2007, 04:06 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Question Tradeskills not showing level

After installing the latest Fetish UI (thank you!!!), is anyone else having a problem with their tradeskills not showing any level? I went to organize my tradeskills to make sure the highest level skills were easy to access and there were no levels showing for any of them.

Thanks for any help!

-Soul
Unread 11-14-2007, 04:20 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

reading the game update notes before posting bugs sounds like a good idea to me...
Unread 11-14-2007, 04:32 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Down I did read the game update notes...

...but I will go back and read them again, since your response was not helpful to me.

-Soul
Unread 11-14-2007, 07:15 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default window issues in 9.5

Hi,
I just updated my FetishNightfall with 9.5 for RoK and am still getting a message that my MainHUD Achievements window is not compatible with the current client. Is anyone else having this problem? was this not updated in 9.5 or did I load something wrong in updating?

**Just noticed my mail window and faction window do not work either.

Thanks for any help.
Unread 11-14-2007, 08:48 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Nektulos
Default Knowledge book issues

I am having a hard time drag clicking any icons from my knowledge book to my hotbars. I have tried locking the window but it still wont let me do it, I get button noises like something is stuck. I have to move the book close to the hotbar to get the icons to work. Is there any fix that I missed that might work? Also this is with the new patch but thought maybe and old fix option that I just didnt see.
Unread 11-14-2007, 08:55 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default why is profit UI guy here?

While I do like to get help when needed, quickly, I find if odd that the author of the Profit UI is posting here. Perhaps to get his signature seen, which is a link to change to his UI? I don't think Zonx had anything to worry about though, I mean, Fetish is the best and Ive looked at all of them, when I thought Fetish was being discontinued, and I couldn't find one that i was happy with..

Although, even if Profit UI was as good as the Fetish layout, the last msg would have kept me away. I don't like an author that replies to someone in need of help with a quick "you should read the release notes"..

You could have added what the problem was ALSO, but let people know that it was mentioned in the release, so if anytime there was another problem, people would check there before posting.. The person said they checked the release notes.. but, some people MISS things, which is why these forums are so handy, because someone else may know a solution and reply with it.

but in any case, the reply of read the release notes, wasn't the most polite to tell someone in need of help.

/hugs
Unread 11-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwonknu View Post
but in any case, the reply of read the release notes, wasn't the most polite to tell someone in need of help.
While true, many times I've been guilty of the same. However, in coming for help it is expected that you at least do a little research on your own to try and solve your problem first (See the comic on the homepage, hehe).

In this case, that poster may reread the patch notes and notice that there are no longer multiple tradeskill abilities, instead just a single one that upgrades as you level -- thus the missing ones of different levels.

Now, onward to silverwitch1 and dingaling_bat: When you installed 9.5, did you make sure that it was a fresh install, or did you install it over an old version? When installing over an old version it's a common occurrence that some files don't get overwritten, and the old files may cause issues.
Unread 11-14-2007, 09:19 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Why I am here? You will find that UI authors here generally help each other out with support. If Zonx wants me to stay out he has just to say so. Funny idea though that I try to get more users by posting my signature. I gain nothing from people using my UI, and Fetish is a great UI, I wouldn't worry about people changing just because they see my sig. But hey, I can also turn it off if it helps.

Why did I just point to the release notes instead of giving the straight answer? On the one had it was because I just had to look through some 50 posts of people not reading a red bolded line in the release notes for my UI, and that already had me annoyed. On the other hand because a large part of the questions here are just repetive and already answered in release notes, installation instructions, etc. Now this is a general observation not directed specifically at soulitude. Maybe I should just have said like Landiin (the author of eXtremeUI) had for the longest time in his signature: "save a modder, search first".

In addition, and while I did not say that above, personally I think that to come here and make a post about a bug in the Fetish UI regarding tradeskill arts just after an EQ2 expansion that included a tradeskill revamp and that is explained at length in SOE's update notes is just plain rude to Zonx and everybody here.

Finally, and just to end on a helpful note: The contents of item/spell/CA tooltips are never modded in any mod around here, what you see is what SOE gives you (depending on how you may have it configured in the options).

Last edited by gm9 : 11-15-2007 at 10:09 AM. Reason: clarified what types of tooltip are never modded
Unread 11-14-2007, 09:38 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulitude View Post
...but I will go back and read them again, since your response was not helpful to me.

-Soul
I believe what gm9 was trying to point out was the tenth bullet point under the Tradeskills section of the patch notes that states "Tradeskill reaction arts now auto-upgrade as you level up, no more hunting in knowledge books to find your latest!".

/rant on
As for you Nwonknu, I can understand where you're coming from. However, I'm sure gm9 the others here that provide solutions (me being one of them) get kinda irked when people come asking questions/posting bugs which have already been addressed and solutions posted without doing some (ohhh, do I dare say it? ) "Searching" (after all, that is what this is for).

And I don't believe gm9 was intentionally trying to be 'rude' or 'condescending' as you think. Judging by the "" at the end of his post, he was probably just trying to help Soulitude be more self-sufficient and not try to just flat out give them the answer (and maybe even trying to stress the importance of actually reading the patch notes. After all, they aren't being sent down to us to just be overlooked).
/rant off

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 11-14-2007, 09:56 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

For a sec I thought I was reading eq2flames.com.
Unread 11-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaif View Post
For a sec I thought I was reading eq2flames.com.
That is indeed sad.

Now, shall we all play nice and leave this thread for the posting of bugs from here on out?

Thank you, and this has been a public service announcement, paid for by the Friends of FetishNightfall.
Unread 11-14-2007, 08:52 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Not a bug really so only getting this thread semi back on track...

Did the universal font structure go live yet and if so are their any plans for an official FetichClassic update anytime in the near future?
Unread 11-15-2007, 01:52 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

If by universal font structure you're refering to ColorStyles, the latest version of UIBuilder has an option for ColorStyle but its greyed out. When ColorStyles are implemented, I do plan to rework the whole framework for this and will issue an update to Classic.
Unread 11-15-2007, 10:05 AM
A Nerius Seer

Default SOE UI Builder?

Where can I find the latest version of the UI Builder?
Unread 11-15-2007, 11:01 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

A newer version of UIBuilder dated 11/9/2007 was pushed down with the ROK release. Its in the root Everquest II directory.
Unread 11-15-2007, 12:47 PM
A Nerius Seer

Default UI Builder

Hmmm.

I got my ROK via the SOE download, but the EQ2UIBuilder.exe in my UIBuilder directory still says 11-10-2005.

Thanks for the info, though. I thought there might be a 'download site' I could not find.
Unread 11-15-2007, 12:48 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faoj View Post
I got my ROK via the SOE download, but the EQ2UIBuilder.exe in my UIBuilder directory still says 11-10-2005.
Extract the UIBuilder.zip that you find in your Everquest II\ folder, the patcher is only downloading the .zip, not the .exe.
Unread 11-15-2007, 04:54 PM
A Nerius Seer

Sigh.

Yes: There it is - a big, old honking new .zip file.
Unread 11-15-2007, 06:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default achievement, faction and mail issue

First off all thx for all the hard work to give me more pleasure in game due to the rocking interface

Do want to confirm that i too have a problem with the achievement,Mail and fanction window.
Achievement window : message not compatibel
Faction : just black screen
Mail : can't open messages send to me, no problem to send mail.

Any help would be welcome.

and thx again for the hard work, keep it up
Unread 11-15-2007, 07:52 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

^^^ Safe to assume that you updated to 9.5?

Zonx,

Thank for the info on the Text Color and Classic. Looking forward to this working in the near future as it will make updating so much easier.
Closed Thread