EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 05-10-2005, 11:35 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

sleepywillow: If haven't tried already.. I think the answer is yes to the copying question..

Everyone:
I've been working on Tablets and will get a new version out soon.. Hopefully, tonight or tomorrow.. The background of all the gauges will now be a dark grey Sorry it taking so long. But, with spring here in full bloom, I've been busy around the house and training my puppy
Unread 05-10-2005, 11:53 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Guk

Quote:
sleepywillow: If haven't tried already.. I think the answer is yes to the copying question..
yep, tried it, works fine now thanks

patiently waiting, but really hate the ugly default guild thingy (/prays you're still guilded)
Unread 05-10-2005, 02:17 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default guild window

Yes,..

I hope in your updated version you can "Clean" up that mess of the Default Guild window.

Not sure how much you can do to it.. But just something that is easier to read and scan.

Right now it's a freakin mess..

Looks like a coder with no eye for design did that thing.. Nice features, just bad implementation..

Just needs an overhaul on how things are displayed..
Unread 05-10-2005, 07:48 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

/cry...just noticed Tal's sig! NOOooooooo!
Unread 05-11-2005, 09:32 AM
A Sea Turtle

When the progress bar quick-fix initially came out, I reported that this fix was causing me to crash upon zoning. Whatever the problem was doesn't appear to have actually had anything to do with the t_styles.xml fix, but was something inherent to the patch since yesterday's update cured it.

One issue I *am* having, however, is that the compressed hotkeys (no labels) mod doesn't actually appear to get rid of the labels.

I can still do the old trick of opening eight hotbars and assigning primary/secondary/tertiary to hotbars I just make completely transparent, but that's sort of a workaround.

I was wondering if I am doing something boneheaded or if the patch changed the way labels are handled in the hotbars?
Unread 05-11-2005, 09:59 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyns

Everyone:
I've been working on Tablets and will get a new version out soon.. Hopefully, tonight or tomorrow.. The background of all the gauges will now be a dark grey Sorry it taking so long. But, with spring here in full bloom, I've been busy around the house and training my puppy
Talyns, I was dorking around with progress bars myself, and i discovered something. Say you have a background image of a medium grey. You can enter in the Dyanamic Data property the value of the guage its under, then filter it to ignore progress. At least it worked for me.
For example. /gamedata.self.health for my character's progressbar. Underneath is a normal grey rectangle image. set daynamic data same as above, with the filter set to FFBF. This ignores the progress change part of the healthbar, but still changes color as progress decreases.

I hope that has been clear enuff.

DC
Unread 05-11-2005, 11:59 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Blackburrow
Default Dual Experience Window

I have no idea where this exp window came from but it still seems to be the only one with both bars showing at the same time. The problem with it is that the "Don't Switch" option is not sticky so needs to be reset each time.

Maybe it could be added as an Add-On? Also hopefully the author will identify himself.

Sixes.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml (21.0 KB, 219 views)

Last edited by Sixes : 05-11-2005 at 12:03 PM.
Unread 05-11-2005, 02:15 PM
A Griffon

Sleepy: Nope no longer guilded.. My last guild disbanded a week after joining.. One day it was the largest guild worldwide next day gone.. Kinda soured me on the guild thing.. So, I've basically become a virtual loner
(probably more than you wanted to know)
However, I have a skinned version of the guild window I will release..

Rapid: Right now I'm just going to skin the default window.. What would you recommend I do to clean it up?

Jericho: Glad the crashing was fixed I will have to go through all the mods and see whats up with them.. I could of done something boneheaded and named the zips wrong..

DC_roenfanz: Cool.. Thanks for the tip.. I knew it could be simulated just haven't had the time to dork around with it..

Sixes: I believe I'm the author of that mod.. I have to go through and redo a lot of the mods to keep up with the last couple patches.. I made it before they added the "switching" feature.. Been real busy IRL, so this project is creeping along very slowly...

Everyone:
I got tied up yesterday.. I'm changing yesterday's "Hopefully, tonight or tomorrow" for the patch.. To, definitely, tonight or tomorrow for the patch..
Unread 05-11-2005, 02:55 PM
A Sea Turtle

Really appreciate all the effort you put into this. I'm with many of the others who dread the thought of having to go back to the default UI, even temporarily.

It's also painfully apparent that Sony is taking a much more aggressive approach to fixing and improving their game, which has the unfortunate side-effect of making the UI authors crazy keeping up with the changes and fixes imposed by Sony's ambitious patch schedule.

As for the hotbar labels, I tried both the large and small "no labels" hotbars and got the labels on them regardless. I'd be surprised if it was an error on your part.

Regards,
Unread 05-11-2005, 04:48 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Sleepy: Nope no longer guilded.. My last guild disbanded a week after joining.. One day it was the largest guild worldwide next day gone.. Kinda soured me on the guild thing.. So, I've basically become a virtual loner
(probably more than you wanted to know)
However, I have a skinned version of the guild window I will release..
understand completely, EQ1 soured me on the guild thing and since coming to 2, some friends from 1 and I have a "group" guild for the sole purpose of being able to use status...lol but i'm having fun with the new guild window and notes

also understand RL being busy, got kids prepping for summer and it seems to be as crazy as the beginning of the school year. Take your time, maybe that way, Sony won't break it as soon as you fix it!
Unread 05-12-2005, 04:05 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemotem
WOW I love this Mod !!
Since this is the bug report area here is what I have found.
Pet window:
1. The pets health % doesnt change when pet gets hit
2. The transparency of windows do not stay after logging
3. Locking windows dont work ( They become unlocked after logging)
4. Chat windows not saving correctly (No scroll No imput ect)

Love the UI and will continue to use it. Keep up the great work.
5 out of 5 Nana's =)
Sorry I missed this thread before..

#1 I fixed with latest update..

#2 and #3 I believe is a bug in the EQ2 Client not saving correctly and not the UI.. There have been a few fixes for the problem posted but I don't know in any work.. Both fixes revolve around your SERVERNAME_CHARNAME_Uisettings.ini in your main eq2 folder..

One fix is to copy a SERVERNAME_DIFFERENTCHARNAME_Uisettings.ini that saves correctly to the broken SERVERNAME_CHARNAME_Uisettings.ini..

The other is to just delete SERVERNAME_CHARNAME_Uisettings.ini..

Another thing to note is do not use /quit or /camp desktop to logout.. They seem skip saving sometimes..

#4 SOE hasn't given us the ability to save custom stuff like that from session to session yet.. No idea if they ever will..
However, you can download mods that set the default layout so you can minimize the number of windows you have to change on login.. Which I know is very annoying..

Last edited by Talyns : 05-12-2005 at 05:21 AM.
Unread 05-12-2005, 04:20 AM
A Griffon

I uploaded version 8c and is available for download..

Not many changes:
Had to add/change code in any window with a progressbar to workaround the Progressbar thing..
New Guild Window.. Basic reskinning
Changed the opened mail to reflect changes and made the body of the message the correct size..
Fixed percentages in pet window
Fixed the pet percentages

I will start updating mods soon..

Last edited by Talyns : 05-12-2005 at 05:21 AM.
Unread 05-12-2005, 10:50 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Rapid: Right now I'm just going to skin the default window.. What would you recommend I do to clean it up?
Hah! That's a loaded question Tal!

It might be more trouble than it's worth I'm afraid. I'd have to know what exactly you are capable of doing,.. Ie: what does SoE let you change,.. because it seems like alot of code in that little window?

Basically, I guess the easiest thing,.. would be to provide an extra tab -- Call it "Original", or "Default", or "OldSkool" hehe.. Whatever,.. and black background skin it,.. with a straight guild listing of who's online with Adv Exp Level only.. just like it was basically..

Have the option to flag it for online members, online and offline,.. All that 7 days, 1 month, 1 year etc is a waste of time =).

I just want to be able to click on it and scan down my guild window like I used to and actually see who's on and where in a quick amount of time.

Basically I suppose take out most of that "note" code, and funky ranking icons, etc etc.. for an additional tab on the guild window to make it easy on the Guild leaders to scan.. (My main reason)...

Scanning through 150 members at any given time can be cumbersome with the new one.

But, .. dont' get me wrong, keep all the original stuff in,just make this an additional tab.

Not sure if you can do that, but in my mind from a code standpoint that seemed like the easiest work around for what I need, instead of changing what is already there...

What do you think? I monitor this thread, and this thread only on here hehe, so if you wanna compromise or have some additional questions feel free..

But, as always I love your UI -- have used it for 3+ years now in EQ1 and 2..

And I admire you as an author, for keeping it up , and being so non-chalant about your work, and LISTENING!

You, my friend, kick ass! You must make alot of money in whatever you do, especially if it's in the computer field, or design field

Take care,

Rapidfury - 50 Bruiser
Nektulos Server
Guild Leader of Nox Arma
Unread 05-12-2005, 02:19 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidfury
Hah! That's a loaded question Tal!

It might be more trouble than it's worth I'm afraid. I'd have to know what exactly you are capable of doing,.. Ie: what does SoE let you change,.. because it seems like alot of code in that little window?

Basically, I guess the easiest thing,.. would be to provide an extra tab -- Call it "Original", or "Default", or "OldSkool" hehe.. Whatever,.. and black background skin it,.. with a straight guild listing of who's online with Adv Exp Level only.. just like it was basically..

Have the option to flag it for online members, online and offline,.. All that 7 days, 1 month, 1 year etc is a waste of time =).

I just want to be able to click on it and scan down my guild window like I used to and actually see who's on and where in a quick amount of time.

Basically I suppose take out most of that "note" code, and funky ranking icons, etc etc.. for an additional tab on the guild window to make it easy on the Guild leaders to scan.. (My main reason)...

Scanning through 150 members at any given time can be cumbersome with the new one.

But, .. dont' get me wrong, keep all the original stuff in,just make this an additional tab.

Not sure if you can do that, but in my mind from a code standpoint that seemed like the easiest work around for what I need, instead of changing what is already there...

What do you think? I monitor this thread, and this thread only on here hehe, so if you wanna compromise or have some additional questions feel free..

But, as always I love your UI -- have used it for 3+ years now in EQ1 and 2..

And I admire you as an author, for keeping it up , and being so non-chalant about your work, and LISTENING!

You, my friend, kick ass! You must make alot of money in whatever you do, especially if it's in the computer field, or design field

Take care,

Rapidfury - 50 Bruiser
Nektulos Server
Guild Leader of Nox Arma
Right, so the members page is about the ONLY part that is hard coded. You can maybe remove the notes, I think someone did that.

The filter can be reasoned with I suppose. Maybe. Tend to doubt that part.
Unread 05-16-2005, 09:37 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Is it possible to reskin the window that comes up then you examine an item that gives a quest (usually read a book - not the actual examine window)? I have a hard time reading the default window quickly.
Thanks,
Feebb
Unread 05-16-2005, 12:43 PM
A Griffon

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_roenfanz
Right, so the members page is about the ONLY part that is hard coded. You can maybe remove the notes, I think someone did that.

The filter can be reasoned with I suppose. Maybe. Tend to doubt that part.
I have a unskinned guild window thats missing the notes already uploaded if you wanted to use it.

Unread 05-21-2005, 04:31 PM
A Griffon

I uploaded the updates for the 2 player/target window mods today should be available shortly..

Feeb: Yes, it's possible.. Next Update.. I thought it was the instruction window that I skinned not to long ago but I guess not

Rapidfury: I think I know what your looking for (Sorta).. But I have no way to test my work So it may be a little slow coming (Slower than normal)...

Findarato: I'll take a look at it
Unread 05-24-2005, 02:33 AM
A Griffon

I uploaded a new version of the main download..

It includes the stayput stuff for the bags hopefully that will fix the drifting problem..

The reply dialog for accepting quest is now skinned... I think that's the last window that is important (ie seen on a regular basis)

Somehow, In the last version, I forgot to include the file for the updated examine item windows, again.. The do not show tradeskill checkbox should be there now.. I hope

Tweaked some windows locations and sizes..

The F# label in group or player window now turns yellow and grows when you or a group member is targeted.. Thanks Profit for the concept and DeathBane for proof of concept.. Not sure it works 100% yet
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2998

I will add stay put stuff to the compressed bags shortly..

Last edited by Talyns : 05-24-2005 at 02:40 AM.
Unread 05-26-2005, 12:49 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Befallen
Default After the May 26th patch

I logged in this morning after the patch and noticed that the /show_window MainHUD.StatBar & /show_window MainHUD.StatBar2 windows were visible even though i never use them. I Used /show_window MainHUD.StatBar & /show_window MainHUD.StatBar2 command and the showed what appreared to be a blue bar with black border. Then I used /hide_window MainHUD.StatBar & /hide_window MainHUD.StatBar2 which closed both the blue bars but left the 2 stat bars, that look correct, visible.

Suggestions?

//lollygagger
Beffallen
Unread 05-26-2005, 12:58 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Befallen
Default Feature Request - Search For Item Button

Talyns,

Would it be possible to add the "Search For Item Button" to the store window as described here: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ghlight=prices

I think that is the only mob that I use other than your defaults and I like your UI better

//lollygagger
Befallen
Unread 05-26-2005, 04:02 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Following the May 26 patch, I find that the stat bars are defaulted to on even thought I use no letterbox. Using /hide_window statbar & statbar2 removes the stat bars but leaves their borders remaining on the screen. Deleting the eq2ui_mainhud_letterboxframe.xml files removes these lingering bars.
Unread 05-26-2005, 04:54 PM
A Griffon

Well, I don't know why they had to mess with the letterbox.. Hopefully it's a sign of more changes to come, Like a viewport option..

I'm attaching a patched xml for the lettterbox.. I had to remove the statbars from it.. No matter what I tried, they will no longer move or disappear with the letterbox.. If you want to use the statbars you'll have to do a /show_window MainHUD.Statbar and /show_window MainHUD.Statbar2 everytime you log in.. To move statbars use the left or right edge.. They should save their location.. All these changes to the UI and custom windows still do not remember their visible state on login.. I will release a mod of the letterbox or start button that opens the statbars on login..

I will patch the other windows when I get a chance.. However it may not be till after monday.. My sister is getting married Saturday, so I'm going to be busy till atleast sunday.. Haven't even had a chance to play eq2 since the last patch..

Note: to download attachment to computer right click it and "save target as" (Firefox may be worded differently..)
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_letterboxframe.xml (1.3 KB, 260 views)

Last edited by Talyns : 05-26-2005 at 04:57 PM.
Unread 05-26-2005, 05:25 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Note: to download attachment to computer right click it and "save target as" (Firefox may be worded differently..)
'Save Link As'

For Firefox

I had somthing constructive to add in here about the letterbox as well but forgot what =/ , Dang wife came in asking stupid questions mid post ... If I remember I will re-post
Unread 05-27-2005, 02:56 AM
A Griffon

Stayed up late and have a new version of the UI uploaded to reflect the recent changes..

Remember you have to open the statbars with the /show_window commands again for fullscreen and letterboxed mode..
/show_window MainHUD.Statbar
/show_window MainHUD.Statbar2

Also:
Is the crushing/slashing/piercing on the top statbar working for anyone? if not I will remove it and replace it with something else..
Unread 05-27-2005, 09:45 AM
A Coastal Crab

First I would like to say GEREAT UI Talyns!! I have been using it since you first made it.

No, the pierceing/slashing/crushing hasn't shown any values for me ever. Also, on the statbars, My mitigation shows as a percent value instead of numerical.

Other than that, I am lovin it!

Thanks for all your hard work.

Suriel