EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 02-17-2006, 05:20 PM
A Grassland Beetle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Oh, also, I'd really like to see quest rewards in the journal as well. Would be *very* helpful. If I knew how to go about it myself, I'd do it and upload it ;\
Unread 02-17-2006, 07:52 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiricore
Thanks for the update, however it's messing mine up a bit. I'll let the screenshot tell the rest.

Basically when I loaded the game up it placed almost a 2-hotkey-length gap between the last hotkey and the scroll arrows. I tried adjusting the width, but it always snaps the arrows into the last hotkey, thereby overlapping it.

This something I have set up incorrectly?

The good news is: at least the text overlays work!
The bank selector buttons are suppose to overlap to conserve space.
I keep my selector buttons turned off and use Shift+#, Alt+shift+#, and ctrl+shift+# to change banks.

The dead space you get at the end will disappear by unlocking the window, and grabbing the edge like you wish to resize it. Just grab and let go and it should snap to the buttons.
The icon resizing works, so if you would rather fill up the gaps, you can do so.

Hope this helps.
Unread 02-18-2006, 03:02 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Is Profit still working on this UI, as it's beginning to break down with the recent LU's and 20 sees another revamp incoming.

Would hate to have to change UI's alll overr again...

Innocent Inquisitor
Unread 02-18-2006, 09:46 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaradcel
Is Profit still working on this UI, as it's beginning to break down with the recent LU's and 20 sees another revamp incoming.

Would hate to have to change UI's alll overr again...
No Profit is not working on this any longer, the user community has been working on updating the UI.

Right now, if you browse through this threads posts, you will find a 95% working version all zipped into one package (18e) and following that , some patches for it to fix some bugs.
Unread 02-18-2006, 10:45 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Ach. My thanks. I'll browse through this thread then.

Innocent Inquisitor
Unread 02-18-2006, 05:03 PM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

Would really LOVE to see af download version with all the new stuff addet, cant we get one of you guys to "take over" while Profit is away ?

I know its prolly alot of work, but this is one of THE BEST UI's out there, and it would be a shame if it was lost now..

Thnx
Unread 02-18-2006, 07:41 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Bottom Bar

I really like the bottom bar of this UI, what do I need to add it to my current UI?

Thanks
Unread 02-21-2006, 10:53 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Still goin' strong through LU20.

Edit: Oh and Mortis, I noticed that the modification you made to the hotkeys (got it working btw, thanks) doesnt allow the border's opacity to be adjusted. Is it just me, or was it coded that way? I have a few bars I'd like to just see the buttons for and hide the empty spaces entirely between them.

Last edited by Spiricore : 02-21-2006 at 11:25 PM.
Unread 02-22-2006, 02:28 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Good to know it is.

Does anyone notice if the journal UI lately always sets itself to "open and display all" on start up? Kinda annoying.....

Innocent Inquisitor
Unread 02-22-2006, 03:35 AM
A Sea Turtle

yeah journal is set to all open when i first open or after i zone
Unread 02-22-2006, 07:55 AM
A Griffon

Default Possible new feature for this UI?

This came to me when I rolled a pet class about a month ago.

My wife plays a healer and we both use this UI and currently there is no way for her to visually see (In the group window) when my pet needs a heal.

True she can just slide her cursor over the pet while in battle but she gets rather busy at times and a quick glance at the group window would be better.

If there is a way already to accomplish this then I apologize and would like to know how to do this without my wife having to target the pet specifically..

Not a huge problem but I think this would be a very beneficial feature. What ya think?
Unread 02-22-2006, 11:22 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

There's a small error when the game tries to show AA experience; since there's no setting (at least that I know of) for it, it overlaps with the normal experience bar. You have to re-cycle the experience bar to get it to show clearly.

Perhaps the AA experience can be added to the cycle, or taken out completely?
Unread 02-22-2006, 11:50 AM
A Sea Turtle

would be nice to have the aa xp added to the cycle of xp that the bar shows.
Unread 02-22-2006, 07:19 PM
A Grassland Beetle

I'd like to see the Achievement xp on the xp bar as well
- pet health would be very nice being a healer class...almost necessary
- journal zones being expanded on open would be nice to disable (also, it randomly shows the zone I'm in at the top of the list..can be annoying)
- and lasty, being able to see quest rewards on the quest window

If I had even the slightest clue how to make these changes, I would, so I'm requesting them. Unless someone would like to mentor me.
Unread 02-23-2006, 03:34 AM
A Coastal Crab

Great mod ...

On the screenshots on the main page for this UI your blue bar at the bottom has some statistics about avoidance/block/parry etc. I cant seem to find this anywhere built in. Is it a custom mod and do you remember the name of it?

Here is a the screenshot in question...
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...ew.php?id=3727
Unread 02-23-2006, 04:57 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Befallen
Default anyone else have these issues?

This is the best user interface bar none. I do hope profit maintains or someone else can fill in the gaps.

My issues.

-Blacked window everytime i try and gamble with the goblin. I can eventually mouse over the close window icon (even thou its black and i can't see it)

-Spell/ability book was given sort function awhile back. When i click on sort the Resulting window is black again i can get rid of it but only by blindly mousing over until i find the close window command.

-quest Journal - collections tab -the new feature given awhile back to examine an item and it will pull up what quest you can add it to. If no quests available your suppsed to be able to click the image icon of the item you just examined in the upper right hand corner and it resets the window so you can see all the collection quests you have going. Mine does not reset until i log out.

-Guild window MOTD - can't hit enter to drop down a line to write a seperate line of text.

-Hotbar icon dragging issue- i saw this was fixed by an appreciative and resourceful user of this UI /tips hat. Thank you

-New achievement window - The exp bar at the top does not show any progress.

-Target window(experience Window) Achievement Exp seems to show in the background of your Regular Exp.

-Can't think of more atm (since im at work)

Anyone know any solutions to these problems pls post or email me at [email protected]
Unread 02-23-2006, 05:35 PM
A Mist Grinnin

My comments in blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecla
This is the best user interface bar none. I do hope profit maintains or someone else can fill in the gaps.

My issues.

-Blacked window everytime i try and gamble with the goblin. I can eventually mouse over the close window icon (even thou its black and i can't see it)
Works fine for me, do you use any other mod'd windows not part of the ProfitUI normally?
As a fix, make sure that eq2ui_mainhud_lotto.xml is included in your eq2ui_mainhud.xml file.

-Spell/ability book was given sort function awhile back. When i click on sort the Resulting window is black again i can get rid of it but only by blindly mousing over until i find the close window command.
All my abilities sort fine for me in the knowledge book.

-quest Journal - collections tab -the new feature given awhile back to examine an item and it will pull up what quest you can add it to. If no quests available your suppsed to be able to click the image icon of the item you just examined in the upper right hand corner and it resets the window so you can see all the collection quests you have going. Mine does not reset until i log out.
I don't use the included journal, so don't know.

-Guild window MOTD - can't hit enter to drop down a line to write a seperate line of text.
Haven't tested this, I copy/paste my MOTDs from notepad.

-Hotbar icon dragging issue- i saw this was fixed by an appreciative and resourceful user of this UI /tips hat. Thank you

-New achievement window - The exp bar at the top does not show any progress.
This is showing fine for me as well.

-Target window(experience Window) Achievement Exp seems to show in the background of your Regular Exp.

-Can't think of more atm (since im at work)

Anyone know any solutions to these problems pls post or email me at [email protected]
Unread 02-23-2006, 11:46 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Unkown

to me , i don't seem to have any issues for LU 20
but can i request something else on profit please?
mind trying to make some of the window smaller ? like personal , skill , broker , probably inventory window as well due that i'm using any other ui base

thanks alot for the hard work
Unread 02-24-2006, 12:08 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Neriak

ok everyone asked for them so here they are new bottom bar with run and all the goodies and aa xp where the other xp is. aa xp is yellow after adventure xp. the bottom bar is sorted run haste and status on right and atk avoid dps and pary on the left. hope you all like and they work good for you.
also if anyone is having problems with tooltips and skills window from my silver or gold mod just copy the files eq2ui_mainhud_skills.xml and eq2ui_inventory_examine.xml from your default folder to you ProfitUI folder.
nemack the blue bar on the bottom is the memorized file posted here. if you are checking it out in uibuilder look under xml help in the forums and you will see a post by me by the title of the file and that will tell you what to do to get it to show up

Chop
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml (34.8 KB, 359 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_memorized.xml (9.5 KB, 306 views)

Last edited by chop : 02-24-2006 at 12:12 AM.
Unread 02-24-2006, 01:14 AM
A Sea Turtle

Chop

When hover pointer over items in my inventory, I see some double text over details.

says "description goes here"

I have tried to add the inventory_examine.xml from default to profit but it hasnt helped it

any ideas
Unread 02-24-2006, 03:19 AM
A Grizzled Badger

you know thanks for pointing that out i gave the wrong file for the tooltip it should be eq2ui_examine.xml. even though you changed that other file i dont think it will hurt anything if you have any problem ill post mine so you can fix it
Chop
Unread 02-24-2006, 04:47 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default thank you Mortis42 for your quick reply

thank you Mortis42 for your quick reply. I admit i posted before i had completely read all these forum posts 14 pages of posts and fixes and new files and fixes to those files. This is such a clean UI and best looking ive seen anywhere i really wish it could get organized and reposted all together.
Anyway I downloaded the "e" version and installed and all the issues corrected themselves.
However if anyone is not happy about the hotkey bars and wants a sizable hotbar that still has no dead space around the icons or to the left or right of the bar itself here is a link to the one i use. http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4118

It does have a small border that turns silver if your using chops silver theme. Its also missing the arrows to switch hotbar number but i actually like this as i set them and leave them, and again its helps to eliminate the dead space.

Chop that silver theme rocks - Looks spectacular
Thank you for all the work on the individual windows that you have done at other users requests.

PLS PLS PLS - someone get all these things together and repost in the complete set section. As a very new user to these forums and this site it is very hard to find all that you need to enjoy the best of this UI and all the enhancements others have made.
Unread 02-24-2006, 12:41 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecla
PLS PLS PLS - someone get all these things together and repost in the complete set section. As a very new user to these forums and this site it is very hard to find all that you need to enjoy the best of this UI and all the enhancements others have made.
yes pls, with a screenshot. I'm really confused.
Unread 02-25-2006, 11:05 AM
A Forest Scavenger

I'm trying to use the default mainchat window almost all appears normal when i delete the profitui ver to allow the default to load expect i like the title bar style of the default and instead i see the (the really huge) titlebar of the profit UI. Thanks for your comments in advance.

Last edited by firecla : 02-25-2006 at 11:37 AM.
Unread 02-25-2006, 11:39 AM
A Grizzled Badger

for the loc under the compass make sure you have frames turned on and it will show. for the chat you should be able to delete the chat file in the ui folder and it should work
Chop