EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-23-2010, 04:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default New to drumsui - too many questions

I was convinced by the illusionists forum in eq2flames to install drumsui and after overcoming my hesitance and installing it I can see why it will be useful. upon installation and after using it over the course of 2 days I have some questions and some problems.

First, i don't get at all how to replace any particular item with a different one. For example, the drums ui tracking window doesn't have track buttons. I can select a mob but can't execute a tracking command. I'd like to go back to the default tracking window but don't have a clue. A couple of other windows I'd like to revert, but the same clueless situation prevails.

Second, installing drumsui killed my eq2maps. Is there an idiots guide for people like me to fix the maps because as a practical matter, all the useful things in drums are less useful than the maps and i'll be switching back quick if I can't get maps working.

Then there is - are there quick keys for the tools I see upon installing the full ui and if so how do i figure out what they are.

While i may be an interface idiot I have at least a little experience with documentation and software release. I might actually be useful in this regard. Did you know, for example, that it is customary to include a file in all software releases called "readme.txt" and it is customary to include in this file such things as "these are the files included" which helps to preclude hacks. I read a lot lately about account hacking and unfortunately these are ppl who use ui's distributed here. Not saying that was the route but it is possible. Other docs would be very useful too. I can sort of read xml but I can definitely read user / installer docs better and can also write them. Maybe my skills/experience/gifts can contribute, too.