EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-13-2005, 03:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default still can't get custom UI to work

I am sorry but i have read and re-read the stickied post on how to get a custom UI to work but after several weeks i still cannot get ANY to work.

I really do not know what can be wrong.

I am 29 years old and i am quite computer literate, i hate posting this as i know i am going to get slated as something i am doing must be wrong, the problem is i have followed everything perfectly (there is not any part i do not understand) and yet i still can not get a custum UI to work.

I make a new folder in "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI" and i name it without any spaces, i then go into "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II" and have created "eq2.ini" (and yes the ini is the extension so it aint a txt file) i then have inputed the two lines of code (and tried them vice versa as mentioned) and yet still no luck.

I have tried a few schemes incase i just had a dodgey one, still no luck!

I have made sure the folder in the UI folder has not got the mistake of everything being in a folder one level below (basically so its set-up is same as default folder).

I really do not know what is wrong after a few weeks scratching my head!

I know /loadui command will not make them work correctly but however when i do do that, the new UI is not listed there anyway!

SO that maybe some clue as what is wrong?

Please someone give me a nice reply and please i know you must get these kinda posts alot but dont directme to the stickied post are slag me off as a hopeless newbie and put me off this site, i have honestly tried my hardest before answering this question which i know you all are probabally sick of answering.

Thanks in advance for any help what so ever.

Keep up the good work peeps!