EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 04-03-2009, 07:39 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Buttons in the new group window

ok, so I only just stuck my big fat fingers into the world of UI modding, so my questions might be very noobish. Please bare with me...

1. I successfully managed to edit some buttons in skovjuuls conjurer group window to reflect a few buttons I wanted for my SK (FD and Intercede). Since LU51 and the new group window, the old one doesnt work, of course. So I studied the structure in the old group window and copied the buttons/images into the relative same spot (page?) in the new one (in the Effects page) and moved it down a little, since it was now on top of the health bar and power bar. But now the button doesnt aply to the groupmember, but rather to whom ever I have targeted (my self, if none). What controls the target it hits? Is it the where in the xml-structure I place it or is it a parameter/control I have to set somewhere in the string? or what?

2. I would also like to add a tell to the groupmember in one of the buttons, how is that done?

3. I would also like to use a .dds object for background on the Image (the scaled down color from dark to light, that is used on spell icons) underlaying the regular Image. Is that at all possible or will I just have to set a fixed background color?

4. Is there a good guide with what parameters/controls can be used in each window?

I use notepad++ and edit directly in the xml files btw

again, sorry if im being noobish, im just trying to broaden my horizon

Last edited by Harduc : 04-03-2009 at 07:45 AM. Reason: wrote icon, meant image...