EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 06-17-2005, 03:39 PM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default Chat Window Problems.. they've re-surfaced..

A while back I was having problems getting my chat windows to stay put, as well as to retain the chat filters I set up. Now I'm having a similar problem, but this time the problem I'm having is I can only have one chat window. What I mean is that once I exit EQ it does not retain any additional chat windows I've created. I log back in, and any chat windows besides the original one (even though I can add tabs and filters the original and it will retain those) are gone. So this only allows me to have a single chat window. Even though I can run just one chat window with multiple tabs, I still prefer to have multiple chat windows. Another problem I am having is the font sizes are not retained. They are always size 23 when I log out and back it. I remember the fix last time was to delete a couple ini's make sure your ini's weren’t read-only, so on so forth, but I tried the old fix, and it didn't work this time.

Any help I can get to fix this is appreciated.
Unread 06-17-2005, 06:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Mackgee,

Apparently the problem is on the SOE side. The files aren't being saved properly due to some kind of coding error that SOE hasn't isolated yet. Odds are we'll have to wait for them to fix it unless someone here finds a workaround for this bug.

Check out http://eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2244 for more detailed info. I think it's page 23 that has posts regarding this issue.
Unread 06-18-2005, 11:30 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle

would this also lead to my problem?? my problem is that the windows stay put, the filters are fine, the only problem is my chat size is random sized (never a small size always like 30-40)
Thx
Unread 06-19-2005, 03:04 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmars
would this also lead to my problem?? my problem is that the windows stay put, the filters are fine, the only problem is my chat size is random sized (never a small size always like 30-40)
Thx
this is due to the same bug, i think. However, the chat size can be fixed

simply open eq2_recent.ini in notepad, do a find for chat_fontsize, then enter your desired fontsize after it.

Example: chat_fontsize 14

If you do not find that entry, you can go ahead and insert it as the last line, then save it. Problem should be solved.
Unread 06-19-2005, 12:17 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Unrest

I found a fix for this problem.. On this thread there is a ini file that I used to replaced my corrupt one. After loggin in I got everything (all windows and filters) how I like them, then logged out, and when I logged back in everything was retained. All font sizes and windows where good. The only hassle is having to get everything set back up the first time, but it's worth it in the longrun.

Thread to fix this problem. It's post #5
Unread 06-21-2005, 02:00 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

None of these fixes have worked permanently for me unfortunately. In my eq2_recent.ini file the fontsize is clearly set already yet it resizes in game still.
Unread 06-21-2005, 02:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore

What seems to happen with the font size is is it gets one setting higher each time you log.