EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 06-20-2008, 12:27 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default html entities

Hi,

does anyone know if/how I can configure the notes within the infocenter so that I can write/display special characters, for example ä, ö, ü (german).

I tried to use the intended "ä" for the special character "ä" but that didn't work out.
Even more everything I wrote after the html entity wasn't displayed at all, no regular chars and none of the three defined entities for "&", "<" and ">".

I was wondering if there is any possibility to fix that?

Thanks in advance
Unread 06-20-2008, 01:37 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The eq2 interface uses XML, not HTML, so html entities do not apply.

However, due to limitations to the eq2 scripting engine non-ASCII characters cannot be used at all for interface scripting. The ProfitUI InfoCenter (which is based on the DrumsUI InfoCenter framework) relies on scripting to display the text, making the use of non-ASCII characters in the text impossible. Please /feedback to make SOE fix that (don't hold your breath though, I've been feedbacking this for years).

If I remember correctly it should however be possible to use non-ASCII characters with the old Milquetowst release (or my Tier 8 patch for it). But remember, no HTML entities, this is XML.