EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 12-05-2007, 01:51 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Loading UI resources timed out after 10 seconds

Hello, anyone else is having following problem?
When zoning, the screen wait too long at "loading UI resources". I checked alert. log and found out this:

alert="E:\live\eq2\game\client\src\GameScene.cpp(5114): Loading UI resources timed out after 10 seconds while still had pending examine requests"

I thought its general problem, but after deleting eq2.ini and profitui, it zone fast with default UI.

Any hints?
Thanks
Unread 12-05-2007, 02:37 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I've never seen that particular message, but long zoning times are a known problem atm, the servers are overloaded/generally unstable. Must have been a coincidence that it worked better after you switched to the DefaultUI.
Unread 12-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

borg9 is correct every one and their dog is just about having zoning issues. Sometimes I can take a short nap in between zoning :P
Unread 12-06-2007, 03:57 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Not that you didn't fall asleep before. At least you've got an excuse now, Landiin.
Unread 12-06-2007, 04:43 AM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

Actually I can reproduce this. The client hangs several seconds at loading UI resources every time I zone, and it does not matter what load the server is running at. I did not do a clean install of profit UI for months, so I will try first if it is related to that tonight...
Unread 12-06-2007, 05:16 AM
A Brown Bear

Thanks everyone, is really boring to wait 10seconds for timeout everytime I zone.
Im looking forward for another findings.

to GM9 - I dont think that this is server side problem, because it can be reproduced every zoning. So if you think I can provide more informations, just let me know, what do you need.
Unread 12-06-2007, 06:29 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I guess Kaldran backdoored the server to know about it's status.

I'll see if I can reproduce this (last time I was online I had no issues and I was zoning a lot because I was testing something related to just that for the POIfinder mod). Will be a couple of days at least though before I can check. However, I still consider the likelihood that this is ProfitUI related to be somewhere around 0.
Unread 12-06-2007, 02:21 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default I hae same problem with Profit UI

I see in my alert log the following:

build="SOEBuild=4554L" version="SOEVersionString=2007/12/5 10:48:41" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="antonica" loc="-2073.26 15.77 -655.70" performance="7" alert="E:\live\eq2\game\client\src\GameScene.cpp(5114): Loading UI resources timed out after 10 seconds while still had pending examine requests"

It slows down my zoning. Any idea?
Unread 12-09-2007, 02:52 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Well, I zoned some for you guys. Neither do I get an alert log, nor does the "Loading UI resources" step take more than approximately 0.5 seconds.

I can only repeat what I said above - this is not ProfitUI related for all I know and all I see.
Unread 12-21-2007, 10:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I am actually having it hang at "Loading UI resources" as well. I did a reinstall of the UI and it was fast for a couple zones. Also, sometimes it will load quickly the first 2 times or so that I zone, then slow down after that. Pre RoK I was always one of the first to zone. Now I am usually one of the last. The Loading UI takes longer than all the other parts of the zoning together for me most zones.
Unread 12-23-2007, 08:56 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Vox
Default Zone wimes

Is it possible that these errors are caused by the users ISP server loads? increased traffic durring the holidays has slowed them down, even though they are getting good pings to the EQ2 servers?
Unread 12-30-2007, 11:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I'm actually having the problem so badly that when it gets to Loading UI Resources, it completely kicks my internet connection and I have to power cycle the modem to reconnect. I worked with Linksys, AT&T and SOE for two weeks, couldn't figure it out. Finally wiped my entire harddrive out of frustration. After getting the game and everything else re-installed it worked great on Friday. Played off and on Saturday and as the day progressed the load time at Loading UI Resources got longer and longer until finally it started hanging up again Saturday night and kicking my internet connection again. So I'm back to square one. Anyone here have ideas, cuz I know I've got SOE stumped...
Unread 01-29-2008, 03:23 PM
A Coastal Crab

Im also having same issue with loading ui resources... It would try to connect to 9 different login servers since connection dies beforehand =s updated drivers still same problem, however its only on my main char. it seems
Unread 01-31-2008, 09:38 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default same problem

Exact same problem. Always when switching toons, always at loading ui resources, modem crashes internetm, have to reboot modem and start over. Anyone find a fix?
Unread 02-05-2008, 11:46 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Befallen
Default Loading UI resources

My comp seems to take forever after zoning to load Profit's UI resources, I've done a couple clean installs, so it's not the install. The other 2 comps in the house load up just fine, just mine, not sure what the issue may be, but looking for any possible suggestions.

After I zone, it may take up to 15 seconds for the resources to load, no crash or anything, just forever loading. Again, I appreciate any possible suggestions for help. Thanks all.

The only thing outside the original Profit material is RickF7666's Persona Window, .....................just because I like it =D

Last edited by Anarissa : 02-05-2008 at 11:47 AM. Reason: addition
Unread 02-14-2008, 11:48 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Blackburrow
Default Help plz!!

I to am having the Loading UI resources bug ... get to that spot and get kicked and have to reset my DSL modem
I talked to SoE last week and they emailed me a 1 time fix where I had to nuke a bunch of files ..... it worked once .... and when I had to log off for a bit and try and log back in it was back to hanging at loading UI resources

I have reinstalled XP twice now in 2 different versions i use the Profit reborn UI and have tried with it installed and using the default UI and won't work on either.... running an AMD 2core 6000+ with 4 gigs of ram and an Asus Nvidia EN8800GT card got all the latest drivers and xp is up to date on everything... the few times I have made it online the game looks GREAT

I want to play in the worste way if anyone knows what I need to do I have even nuked the game and tried a full clean reinstall and still no good

help please if anyone can
Unread 02-14-2008, 11:54 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaryin View Post
I talked to SoE last week and they emailed me a 1 time fix where I had to nuke a bunch of files ..... it worked once ....
Go ahead and post that fix, maybe it works better for the others (I'd wager it was deleting the cache and logincache folders). Personally I still have not had this issue yet.
Unread 02-14-2008, 01:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

um... it was the servernam and player name INI files and cache and eq2ini and eq2exe can't find the email now though lol prolly on the computer I reinstalled xp on
Unread 02-22-2008, 09:49 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Turns out mine was a bad modem ... but SBC ran all there test on it and it was reporting fine ... untill I put a heavy load on it then it would fold and need to be restarted..... New modem and 3ish weeks worth of time tweeking and im finally back playing
Unread 04-28-2008, 10:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Permafrost
Lightbulb Loading UI Resources Crash

Hello all...I don't use Profit UI, but Fetish Nighfall and am having the same issue with my entire internet connection crashing when I get to the zoning step "Loading UI Resources". I have a ping monitor on my Vista sidebar and it immediately goes to "null" when I get to that step. The problem is intermittent as of now, but still very frustrating, especially when in a group!

Has anyone found a solution other than trying to get my cable company to replace my modem?