EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 05-19-2009, 02:15 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Links Won't Work

So, I'm aware of the fact that Profit has undergone a "management change" so-to-speak, but I've recently developed an issue with my UI that doesn't seem to be common amongst anyone else I talk to who has the same UI. I can link any item I actually possess in my inventory by shift+clicking on said item, but I can't link anything else. If an item drops and I want to show it to someone else...I can't (unless I win it obviously). I used to be able to just click the item icon in the top right corner of the examine window and it would drop the item link right into the chat box for me. I've also tried having the cursor flashing in the chat box while doing this as well as trying it both ways holding control while clicking the icon and none of it works.

I've ran the updater, rebooted, and tried all sorts of different combinations of clicking different things in game to get them to work and none of it has worked. I'm curious about 2 things; is anyone else having this issue, and does anyone happen to know how I might go about fixing this? It's a pretty major pain in the butt to have to jump on the internet and dig up a \aITEM etc., etc. link every time I want to show someone an item that I don't have in my bags. I, like countless others I'm sure, have been using Profit for ages and really don't have the desire to switch to anything else. I do talk about lots of different items with friends constantly though and it's definitely been a rather annoying glitch for me. I would lub someone forever if they're able to point me in the right direction on this.

Joe
Unread 05-19-2009, 02:28 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Splitpaw

I've no idea if this helps or not...

But to link an item in any chat channel I have to hold down the alt key while clicking the icon in the top right hand corner of the items descripton. I was half certain you used to be able to link items just by clicking on the icon but that hasn't worked like that for me for quite some time. I do usually have the chat channel started in the chat bar first too..

i.e. open the items description, type /gu then alt click the icon...seems to work fine for me at least.
Unread 05-19-2009, 02:32 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Alright, so now I feel a little retarded for not having looked back farther on the forums, because I found this thread quite a few pages back. So, let me apologize quickly to those of you who have pet peeves with people not searching enough before making new threads lol; I tend to get mildly irritated with that as well and I did look through a couple pages of threads...just not enough of them apparantly.

Using the "Open Existing Chat Window..." option by right-clicking my chat window brought up another chat window that apparantly is where all my links have been disappearing to. I was able to move all my tabs from the other "broken" chat window into this window and now the links work. So, the problem itself is solved.

However, I would still appreciate some insight from you computer savvy folks as to what exactly is the deal with these seperate chat windows. I've never opened secondary chat windows and don't have much, if any, clue as to how this even happened. I'd like to be schooled a little bit on this if anyone finds the time.