EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 04-03-2008, 03:22 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Permafrost
Unhappy Quest journal troubles

Hi!
I have a strange little problem, it's not really a big deal but it is irritating. I have a modded quest journal (DRUMSUI Horizontal Journal) as I really dislike the vertical default. I have noticed over the last few days that the x and the * at the top right corner of the journal is missing.
When I opposite click it I can get an option to close it or adjust window settings but it is a bit tedeous having to do this everytime I open my journal for reference (collections or active/completed quests) I checked every other modded window and they all show just fine. I have tried different characters and even 2 other accounts and still no window settings/close buttons!
Im even running the same mod on another system and it shows up. I checked and double checked all the settings and everything is set identically as the other system ( I dual box so the moniters are right next to each other) Yesterday I even went so far as to delete the journal xml and then reinstall and that didn't "fix it" So Im stumped.
Maybe someone here might be able to assist me in figuring out what it could be. I am going to attempt to run the game using the default (EWWWWW) journal and then try a reinstall again, other than that Im unsure what to do.
Please help, if you can as this "little irritant" is begining to become a big pita.
Thank you!
Lexi
Unread 04-03-2008, 03:40 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone

Try right-clicking on the journal and open up your Window Settings. Make sure all your sliders are all the way to the right and that "Frame and Titlebar" (or is it "Frame and Title"?) is selected in the drop-down menu. Basically, make sure everything is "turned on," and make sure to click "OK" when you're done.

If everything's already "on," try clicking "Default Opacities" once or twice. That will make sure none of the settings from the journal window you used to use (default or otherwise) are "stuck."

I put my Settings and Close buttons in a similar location in my mods, and this is one of the more common problems people run across.
Unread 04-03-2008, 04:18 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hmm, just noticed there may be a bug with it. You should be able to see the X to close it with Frame and Titlebar turned on, but you may see some extra graphics along the top. Not quite related to your original question, but I'll make sure to fix this ASAP.

However, this "issue" may or may not be causing your glitch., so we shall see.
Unread 04-03-2008, 04:43 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Permafrost

Thanks to you both!
This defenately saves me from having to use the default (ICKY) to test it out and it also saves my hair (from being pulled out) I shall wait and see if it is me or the mod that is confused.
Unread 04-03-2008, 11:26 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

I've just now uploaded a new version. I've fixed what I found to be wrong visually on my end, and hopefully this will also fix your problem

Keep an eye out for validation of the update.
*edit validated not too long after this initial post*

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 04-06-2008 at 09:44 AM.