EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 12-11-2007, 05:33 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone
Default Auot-Updater overwriting plugin_7.xml

I use POIFinder, but when I click "Re-Download All Files" in the EQ2Map auto-updater, /eq2map/plugin_7.xml is overwritten. If I don't remember to manually copy the POIFinder version of that file over again before launching the game, I have no POIFinder on my in-game map. :-/

Is there any way to make it so that certain files like this one -aren't- downloaded when "Re-Download All Files" is used, or if they are, that they're always the most up-to-date version available for each given plugin?
Unread 12-11-2007, 05:43 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

What would be the point in redownloading all files - ie. setting your EQ2MAP back to a pristine version - if you then want it to not redownload all files after all? That is already what the normal update does...
Unread 12-11-2007, 05:58 PM
A Griffon

I suppose that's true...I'm just thinking that those files are practically empty by default, and the mods that require them have their own versions. Do the plugin files have to exist in any form, no matter what, for EQ2Map to work properly? If not, it might save grumbles for them not to be included in the total update...

I was having problems with the POIFinder Updater for maybe the last week or two, and I found myself doing a LOT of "Re-Download"s and "Update All"s. It got to be a real PITA to copy that file over and over and over again. I know my situation was an extreme one, but I can't help but wonder how many people do total updates then can't figure out why their EQ2Map-dependent mods are suddenly broken.

Just tossing stuff out there...maybe it will happen, but maybe it won't, and I won't cry if my suggestion is shot down and goes out in a blaze of glory. I do love both mods incredibly, and the auto-updaters are the best things since sliced bread, IMO...it's just these tiny sticking points that make me wonder.
Unread 12-11-2007, 06:05 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The files are not needed at all, but personally I think they serve their function well - if you tell someone to click on "redownload all files" afterwards you can be sure that he has a clean eq2map install and can base your support work on that. That's like the red line in my sig.
Unread 12-11-2007, 06:43 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

It burns the retinas!
Unread 12-12-2007, 03:58 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Lucan DLere

I think I've used the download all function maybe once for the eq2map. It shouldn't be something you have to do very often.

For any file you don't want it to overwrite you can just write protect it (make it read-only.)

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 12-12-2007, 09:08 AM
A Griffon

Holy common sense, Batman... Thanks for the tip, Othesus!
Unread 12-12-2007, 09:19 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagoat View Post
Holy common sense, Batman... Thanks for the tip, Othesus!
Isn't it always the most common sense resolutions that get overlooked when doing any kind of troubleshooting in the IT world??

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"