View Single Post
Unread 01-12-2005, 07:19 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

There are a great number of UI windows/parts that I have yet to see a use for. Most of it looks like left over UI windows from EQ1. Memorized spells, Quickkey window to name a couple. The fact that not everyone one is seeing the problem, pretty much rules out the UI, due to the fact that everyone is using the same "UI Loading" code. I have the benifit of working for a computer development company. I have loaded EQ2 on a great deal of systems and have never seen this problem. Also, I'd like to point out that their a literally 2 video card companies that can run this game. Both ATI, and Nvidia use the same base driver code for all thier cards. On the other had their are a fair number of audio cards, and with the massive amount of audio in EQ2, I would start my search there. Lastly, memory manufacturers would be the most likely culprit. Some have very low standards and are usually high sellers on the "cheap memory" market. The same goes for motherboard manufacturers. If you posted every model number of every part in your system I could probably narrow down your search.