View Single Post
Unread 11-30-2005, 05:21 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk
Thumbs Down Lets concentrate on some important issues :P

here's an example.

LU17 is out. They added resizable icons for yer hotbars. The didn't make the hotbar changer, the up and down arrows, do the same thing. So no matter what size you make yer icons, the window size is the same. I used my mini-hotbar window that I downloaded off of here. It still works, without any version numbers at all. Only thing I can't do, is resize it. So. I mean, how many windows were actually changed this patch? Not many, less then 10, I believe. Using Fetish, all my windows still worked and the only window I really got an error on is my persona window. With that, I'm not missing anything really

A program could be written to take into account individual window pieces and an 'edit' all button so if they only work with a few windows to add/remove something, you can do those few pieces.

I honestly feel that adding these version lines makes it harder on modders. First you have to find out what pieces were changed. Changing the look of a window, ie, keeping the same things the window actually does, and not changing as in adding/removing items from the piece, really doesn't do anything to a window mod. Same info is still passed along, just set up differently by the modification. When you remove/add something to that window, there's where the difference comes in. So, they change the look of a window. Now modders have to find out the version, paste/type that version into the modded window piece. 1 file is nothing to do that to, it seems, but how many UI pieces are there? Hundreds?

I mean, I think its just an unneccessary addition. The time spent on doing that, could have been spent on rectifying more important issues like the horrible pathing in undergroung/tunneled areas, ie, keep them mobs outta the roof, floor, and walls so we don't wipe on one green that we can't hit