View Single Post
Unread 11-30-2005, 05:32 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

See comments below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listor
First, I love this UI. It allows me to play the game with a similar look and feel to SOE's intended style, but with all the funcationality I am looking for.

That said, I'd like to see 2 modifications to the UI.

While both of these changes might not be for everyone, maybe you could include them as options in your Updater UI so they can be selected.

1. If the "notes" functionality is going to be included....please make the updater stop overwriting my notes. I have spent some time creating and keeping notes for my quests, and such and would like to keep my UI updated at the same time as keeping my notes in place. I currently have to copy out my text files each time I run the updater,,,and copy them back. Found this out the hard way after I had 5 very long notes that got overwritten without notice or an option to copy them.

(See options section in the AU and check the box that says "Do NOT overwrite newer files")

2. I would like an option to use another "Player Window". I prefer something that is a bit larger so I can see my health bar, and power bar especially as I'm running low on either one. I've found myself either running from an encounter too early, or too late because I can't see how much health is remaining easily. I'm usually otherwise pre-occupied to watch the number values closely during combat.

A couple of choices would be:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4025

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3988

(I'll see what I can do, just bare in mind every item you see within the ThorUI must be updated and maintained by the ThorUI team.

Right now that "team" consists of the following people:
Me

I'm all for sharing my mods with the community and offering all the options I can, but... I want to have some free time so that I may be able to play the game myself.

Thanks in advance!
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."

Last edited by Faetyl : 12-01-2005 at 12:36 AM.