Thread: Froglocks
View Single Post
Unread 10-14-2004, 08:28 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperant
innate abilities not included with races imho would be a mistake. A frog who cant swim underwater is about as dumb a concept as any I think. I highly doubt that SOE would screw something like up. Then again... there has been no word on ANY of this.

PERSONALLY speaking, now that we're on the subject... I think there should be extra stats that would be bestowed to races in different catigorys just to seperate them out a tad more. For example lets say a race like froglocks start with +50 to swimming while humans have +10 and Ogres have +0. Then lets just imagine that these characters have maxed out their stats but the differences would STILL be the same. So Froglocks are +300 humans are 260 and ogres 250. I'm sure you could find a way for balance of side skills such as these. Maybe the counter could be Weight lifting large objects out of the path of a zone (which focuses on stronger classes (such as an ogre) to lift at lower levels OR a weaker class at high levels to lift).

Cause lets be honest... a dwarf that can swim as fast as a frog... is just odd and would look incredibly silly as well.

This is just an opinion and something to ponder I'm not saying this is the way it MUST be. But would'nt it add even more love to the race you picked?
I agree, we need more love! More love!