View Single Post
Unread 10-20-2004, 05:01 PM
A Griffon

I went through the 9 section post from the link above and was reading some concerns from other people. Mainly being that some are concerned that it REALLY wont diversify the characters... because everyone will get the same upgrades.

and here I am thinking to myself TRUE diversity can only be found in a real role playing pencil and paper game. The hardcore fact is with MMOs its very, very hard to have true diversity from Mage to mage or fighter to fighter ect. because most people simply want "the best". Best stats, best armor, best upgrades. and I'm thinking again... WHO CARES. As long as everyone is having fun then thats the point. Of course everyone wants the best (well almost everyone, some simply dont care and I admire those people). But at least the diversity between races is growing... this could make a HUGE impact now on what race you choose (as if people did'nt find that important already). I'm all for what SOE is doing and I think there simply is no room to complain. Let people play how they want and worry about yourself.