View Single Post
Unread 02-08-2005, 11:55 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyis3l33t
ok i recommend this be either an optional download or optionally viewed its awesome, of course....but like the icons dealy what if people just wanna see the map?
Well, they can just delete the DDS files if they really don't want to see the connections (I'll include pretty exact directions on how to in the readme), but the original maps are essentially useless; they were just eye-candy for when you were in unmapped zones. They barely show relative connections between areas, and you can still see the map, the colors are transparent and the lines aren't overwhelming.

ger, make sure you keep your photoshop files that have the image in layers... we could always just layer an image inbetween the map and the text labels and include a button to hide/show the zone connections.

In either their current form or as an in-between image layer, they won't just be an add-on.

Basically, my rule of thumb is, optional is for personal taste (like loc icon style for example), default is as informative as possible. In other words, if the information isn't present in the default UI (and map related) we'll have it.

Quib