View Single Post
Unread 01-15-2005, 02:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hehe, my first post on this forum, donning my +5 flame resistant tunic of woe.

Unfortunately it seems to be the nature of some gamers to find a convenient little exploit and find a way to abuse it. (There are some pretty industrous people out there) While this seems pretty handy (I can think of lots of times I'd want to see my bank contents or check the market) I could also see how it could lessen the online experience.... unless you enjoy games that don't make you actually have to do a little extra legwork.

On the issue of not addressing problems and nerfing. Having a brief stint working on a MMORPG, I would guess there are many issues that the folks looking at the forums would like to get fixed or atleast have a answer, but fall on deaf ears from the higher ups. Seems to me they are doing something as I see almost daily updates. Many peeps (including myself) have issues, which to them are high priority...but are low on the to-do list for the devs. As nerfing goes, there are often many factors involved that aren't evident to the casual player... I'm pretty sure they don't sit down and try to figure out how to upset the community by nerfing something.

I do think its pretty flippin cool that SOE lets users tweak and mod thier interface though... But I don't have to tell you guys that

Last edited by bhobski : 01-15-2005 at 02:07 PM.