Unread 01-22-2007, 09:47 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silfuin
Hello Mother,
First let me congratulate with you for your musical tastes.
Then let me speak about your UI mods: I love the Tank finder and Tank assist utilities in the group window.
I loaded all of the Player/Target/Group windows and I'm very happy.
I am not yet raiding but I will try out the raid window when time will come.
And then there are the questions:
I had some problems with the tank finder utility, cause when the tank had a pet it targeted the pet instead of the tank.
I made some experiments and found out that it is due to the repetition of the command "target_group_member=#".
I know that this repetition is due to the fact that the first time the command is executed it writes a new property instead of doing what it is intended; the next time you hit the macro though, the property is still there, and so the command is actually repeated, which result in targeting the pet of the tank.
You can avoid this by writing the command without the "=". This way it is not interpreted as a property creation string and you can write it only once.
Alternatively you can create in the proper window the property "Target_Group_Member" so that the command works even on the first time . Again you can write the command only once.
I have tested both ways and on my system they both work.
One thing I did't understand was the reason for the command "Target_None" at the end of the Onpress property. I eliminated it and the tankfinder and tankassist seem to work anyway.
Could you please explain?
Thanks,
Beri
The target_none was supposed to prevent the tank finder from switching between the tank and his pet. By making sure that you always had nothing targeted before attempting to target the tank. You are right about the code changes needed to make the mod work correctly. I've kinda meant to put them in myself, but have been distracted recently.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'