View Single Post
Unread 07-13-2006, 09:56 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown

My S.O. had the same problem with her game. She uses a cobbled-together UI set (as I do these days) so it's hard to figure out what's causing problems when they come up. Have to guess a lot, LOL

Turns out I guessed right this time though: I was looking through her UI directory, and realized it might be the "startbutton" UI element interfering. Those always seem to try to stick a little of a whole lot of things into one place. So these days I first look at files changed with the update, then start looking at the more complex pieces and work down from there to the simpler ones.

I'm not sure exactly what "startbutton" UI piece she was using, so we'll have to just keep an eye out for updates in that area. This leads me to a question I had...

Is it possible for UI authors to leave remarks in their XML files, something that doesn't interfere with the operation of the code, but that would let you know who wrote the code? I know from the past old .BAT files in DOS let you do that a few different ways, but I'm not familiar enough with XML code to know how it would be possible there. If it is possible, then I can just peak into the file with Notepad and see who made it and go looking for an update.