View Single Post
Unread 07-11-2006, 08:47 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Not quite sure what you're saying Turzen, but what the data gives you is 2 fields. Lets say my XP is at exactly 17.52% (I know you could never know that but lets just play along).

The first field you get is the whole numbers, which now are rounded (before it was just truncated): In this case you would get 18, because the 5 rounds up.

The second field you get is the second number and the 10ths: here you would get 75.

In the old days it was easy, you just put the first field, a decimal point, and the second field with the first number cut off, but now with rounding you would get 18.5 as your display.

While this 'bug' is annoying, I don't think its too hard to mentally see if the decimal is >= .5 and then just subtract one from the ones. Do it enough and it starts becoming second nature.

But no 1/100ths data is passed along. The numbers you're giving show what I've just said:

46.61 should be 46.1 (you've repeated the 6), the 6 doesn't round up because the 10ths is only 1.

43.28 on the other hand gives you the illusion of having 100ths because all 4 digits are different... but we can see that this is a result of the "3" being a rounded "2" because the 10ths are 8, which rounds up, but the first digit in the second field isn't rounded, so it shows as a 2.