View Single Post
Unread 07-10-2006, 02:01 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroman
I can't believe this is still broke.
OK, technically, it's NOT broken. If you really want to get picky, taking the whole-number experience percentage display by itself, it has at long last been FIXED. It was BROKEN when the number WASN'T being correctly rounded. (If you've got 48.9% experience, for example, it is actually CORRECT to round up to 49%, and WRONG to round down to 48%.)

That having been said, of course, the fact that the devs finally fixed the experience percentage display to round correctly has broken the various experience bar UI mods that took advantage of the incorrectly rounded display to show experience gain to tenths of a percent.

No matter what else they do, the tooltip should stay as it is, and show the correctly rounded whole percentage number.

My preference for the actual displays would be that they provide *two* dynamic data fields, though, one showing the exp percentage in the old way and one showing it in the new way. (Both would have tooltips showing the correctly rounded whole number.) That way, exp bar modders could provide either whole number displays or tenth-of-a-percent displays correctly.

In any event, in the meantime, I've adjusted my own exp bar mod to accommodate the way the data's being handed down now, but still allow me to see how many tenths of a percent gain I'm getting from particular kills or particular tradeskill combines. It may not be the most elegant display imaginable, but it works.

-- Darryl (Milq)