View Single Post
Unread 10-24-2004, 10:42 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

I understand that no game gets released bug free, but the bugs in EQII are quite compareable to the constant bugs in EQI. There's a big difference in "polishing" a game and still developing it. They are going to be releasing game altering content in the next patch, just a couple weeks before official release (and games go gold a couple weeks before release so they can get them to the retailers).

SOE's team is not known for their "strong" beta testing. You don't need to be a genious for that one, just a long time EQ player, like myself. This game is still in development, it's not near ready for polishing yet.

*Edit; for a good example for lack of testing, check out the problems that are just now being found in the switching of the UI. Can't even use /loadui multiple times w/out crashing...nor can you do other things.

Plese don't get me wrong. I do wish for a solid product. SOE has great potential in EQII, but I fear they are rushing just to get dibs on the market. They are known for these tactics; their history is *littered* with rush products and EQII is apperently no exception.

Last edited by guice : 10-24-2004 at 10:47 PM.