View Single Post
Unread 02-23-2005, 11:32 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

On further investigation, I don't think the tier icons have anything to do with the old group/solo rating.

The problem with comparisons is that the info indicator in the old system no longer lists things as Solo/Group, they switched to the new termanology so its hard to varify what was what before.

Mobs with up arrows rated as solo were rare. There were some Giant Vulritches in Comonlands with up arrows rated as solo, but when I just checked, any with arrows were labeled "heroic" in the old target window.

The "Epic" 1 group mobs were both new and rare. I think all were rare named mobs or named mobs in the mini-instanced zones.

To make things worse, they've obviously been changing con values. I know Rockbelly on IOR was a triple up 1 group and now he's double up. Bladefin also lost an arrow off his con. Both mobs are reported to be as tough as they always were.

I've seen serveral previously group rated packs with no arrows giving the Average icon.

I've also seen several previously group rated packs with a single down arrow mob in it that shows the Weak icon. Pups, calves, etc. mixed in with a pack of adults. The adults in the same pack con higher.

Basicly I think the tier icons are a rough replacement for individual mob arrows. The group/solo tag really has no effect on it, just the number of up and down arrows.

Weak = 1 or 2 down (described as suitable for a solo adventurer)
Average = no arrows (described as suitable for a solo adventurer)
Heroic = 1 or 2 up (described as suitable for a 2-3 adventurers)
Heroic+ = prbly 3 up (described as suitable for 4-6 adventurers).
Epic may be reserved for multi-group raids, but then why split up the graphic? I suspect they are at least planning for 1 group epic encounters.