View Single Post
Unread 02-17-2005, 02:20 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere
Question Quick Change Performance Profiles. 4 out of 8 so far.

4 out of 8 is better than I expected since I just started, but perhaps you guys can lend a hand?

Here is a mod that I created this evening.
I took Insomn's mute button as a sort of template and begain playing around with some of the render commands.

I've included a table of 'best guess'es" for the various parameters. I'm sure you guys can do a better job of this.

What I want, is a way to quickly switch between various Performance Parameters.

I really do not see why it wouldn't be possible to have a couple of buttons that were set up for your particular settings.

I am not very pleased with the options we get from the pre-defined profiles.

What I created tonight was a 4 button mod on the Start Button that allows you to double click on the button which will put you in
1 of 4 predefined preformance modes.
Seems to work fastest if you just double click on the buttons

Button 1 = Balanced
Button 2 = High Performance
Button 3 = very High Performance
Button 4 = Extreme Performance.

FYI:

r_performance=0 (Extreme Quality)
r_performance=1 (Very High Quality)
r_performance=2 (High Quality)
r_performance=3 (Balanced)
r_performance=4 (High Performance)
r_performance=5 (Very High Performance)
r_performance=6 (Extreme Performance)
r_performance=7 (Custom)

I was only able to get Balanced, High Performance, Very High Performance, and Extreme Perforamnce to work with this mod correctly.
Anything over Balanced, monkeys things up. I believe this is because of the 'check' message that you get, indicating you are going into an
extreme quality mode, and it might cause your system to run slow.

I've not found a commant that looks like I could by pass the check, and I don't get the screen.
It actually sends me a /tellchannel (Syntax) message in my chat window when I try to use those.

So there are quiet a few things we do have control over with the display settings.
I am sure I will toy with this some more in the future.

Feedback is always appreciated.
The DisplaySettings table is totally untested stuff, simply trying to pair up the commaned with the settings in the UI. I plan to try and eventually get a complete table wtih the correct arguments that the commands are looking for. I just posted it up here, incase anyone had some idea on ones I've not been able to nail down yet.