EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Help!?!?! (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   UI Increases time to zone? (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=980)

acidm0on 01-11-2005 07:03 AM

UI Increases time to zone?

Ever since I installed the 3/4 Hotbars Mod (the only mod i have installed) when I zone it takes forever. Everything loads like normal, then when it gets to the part where it loads the custom UI it just takes a really long time. Before I installed the mod i zoned in a very short reasonable time. Does it do this for everyone or do I maybe have something installed wrong?

Thanks~

tonyis3l33t 01-11-2005 07:10 AM

UI mods CAN affect loading time. However, the 3/4th hotbar is such a tiny mod that it should not affect loading time whatsoever, since all it is is some number value changes.

an example of a mod that would increase loading time is having 50 extra maps in BMP format that you have built into your UI.

If i were you, i would check and make sure you installed the mod correctly.
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS

Drumstix42 01-11-2005 11:28 AM

sure you didn't miss with your settings after installing the UI? (game settings)

solsha 01-11-2005 12:30 PM

I assume you are talking about hanging on the loading screen precisely when it says "loading UI".

This is a common problem for many after the patch- even if you have no UI other than default. The hardest hit actually have their modem reset everytime it gets to loading UI. I'm one of these. Sometimes it'll re-establish connection before the game times out- usually not. It's a super pain.

You can find out more here EQ2 Forum Link

Also just browsing through the technical forum, not specifically that link, will show you many are having a related problem. :(

0ctavius 01-11-2005 05:54 PM

I am actually working on a stripped down version of the default UI that might help with this, but then again might not...

The stripped down default ui will have most of the nonessential crap removed, and reference calls to items that never get used will get removed. You would be surprised how many there are, and I am foreseeing a decent reduction in loading requirements for the ui when I am done...

And best of all, I will most likely be doing it simply by editing the default styles and such. I am trying to stay away from modding the eq2ui.xml file and any of the actual window modules, that way when a patch comes out that adds or removes something from a window (like the guild window) it will not break my ui...

acidm0on 01-11-2005 06:48 PM

That would be my problem Solsha, thanks =D

solsha 01-12-2005 05:13 AM

No problem, Acid. Sorry to hear you've joined the ranks of those with this problem though.

Can I ask if you use a Belkin router? Oddly enough, it seems a fairly large percentage of us hit with this have Belkin routers. Just curious.