EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interface Changes (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   [TEST] 3.12.05 - Interface Changes (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1833)

Dolby 03-12-2005 07:09 AM

[TEST] 3.12.05 - Interface Changes

Here are the following XML Changes found on the test server 3.12.05 with the default interface. The left side is what is currently live and the right side is what is on the test server. Changes are shown in red and some xml above and below the changes are left in for context.

Please keep in mind these changes have not gone live yet and more changes may be in the works and only introduced on patch day.

Changed:

eq2ui.xml
eq2ui_gamedata.xml
eq2ui_IconStyles.xml
eq2ui_ImageStyles.xml
eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml
eq2ui_journals_active.xml
eq2ui_journals_quest.xml
eq2ui_mainhud.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml
eq2ui_playerhousing.xml
eq2ui_popup.xml
eq2ui_popup_setprice.xml
widgets03.dds
icon_is61.dds
icon_is72.dds

New:
eq2ui_mainhud_mail.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_openedmail.xml
eq2ui_popup_setpricestatus.xml
eq2ui_SplitterStyles.xml

Dolby 03-12-2005 07:12 AM

Wonder if the mail system works or they are just easeing in the xml for a later launch of the system.

Tobiah 03-12-2005 07:29 AM

Realy dont get it, why add mail system to a game?
Do people have so many mails that they cant wait until playtime over or tab out to your mail program?

Completly remove the roleplay game part from this game imho.

ger 03-12-2005 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobiah
Realy dont get it, why add mail system to a game?
Do people have so many mails that they cant wait until playtime over or tab out to your mail program?

Completly remove the roleplay game part from this game imho.

Because people usually can't be on (and responsive) 24/7 and setting up groups, raids, and crafting transactions is much easier if you don't have to play whisper down the lane to do it.

Edit: BTW, how do you justify being able to communicate instantly with anyone, anywhere in the game world, without that same justification being applicable to a mail system?

daylin 03-12-2005 11:23 AM

email will be great

I dont want people i meet in a MMORPG to have my email address. An ingame email will be amazing for the reasons stated above.

Daylin

Itanius 03-12-2005 12:12 PM

In-game email is a phenomenal tool for guilds. The necessity and functionality of it completely outweighs the cons, and I'm a roleplayer. :nana:

Mystra78 03-12-2005 12:19 PM

As a guild leader, the mail system was fantastic in SWG. It was extremely helpful, and I look forward to it being in EQ2. It's the biggest thing I miss from SWG.

Nightlord 03-12-2005 12:42 PM

I have to agree, a mail system would be awesome. I have a military work schedule so the times I can play change constantly. This would give me yet another way to stay in communication with my friends for those times when they are online without me.

Tobiah 03-12-2005 01:47 PM

Okay rest my case. Sems i play in different mode that rest.

Never thought it would be usefull :)

Dolby 03-12-2005 01:57 PM

Ok no ones forcing any one to use the mail system. If you dont want to use it... dont. :) You cant say it ruins RP because being able to whisper to some one 10 zones away or even in EQ1/SWG goes against RP. The mail system will be a great tool for those social people that cant be on all the time.

Now there are other changes too so lets not make this into a big mail debate. ;)

insomniac 03-12-2005 02:04 PM

AWESOME! somebody post the mail.xml.. i wanna play =D

Ellyana 03-12-2005 02:12 PM

Id like to see a Mail order type thing for crafters. Where someone could request a something of a crafter and then the crafter could send it COD.

ger 03-12-2005 02:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here ya go Insom. New eq2ui_mainhud.xml, eq2ui_mainhud_mail.xml, and eq2ui_mainhud_openedmail.xml.

Neiloch 03-12-2005 03:38 PM

Well after looking at it, its just like FF11,WoW and CoH's mail system plus you can send money. Their seems to be a postage fee for sending mail though.

insomniac 03-12-2005 04:18 PM

Thanks ger! :D
It's sweet looking. Text only mail should be free though, (whats next? charging for tells?)
So can you send mail on test or did this slip out?

ger 03-12-2005 04:31 PM

Hm. Seems that mail is going to be an NPC-based thing, at a guess. When I tried to use the mail system on Test using /show_window MainHUD.Mail I got the old "You are not currently in a blah transaction." message. So I guess it'll be RP-friendly and you'll have to check in with a postmaster or somesuch. (NOTE: this is all guesswork based on very little testing, so I could be utterly and totally wrong)

Zonx 03-12-2005 08:44 PM

Looks like they added an auto-inventory drop spot to the inventory window and payments to other players from your house. Maybe mail works from your house.

Lotta tweaks to datatypes. They split actual level and effective level up. Changed all the spell types.

Journel got a hefty change.

Really wish they wouldn't change existing datatype names :(

perdition 03-14-2005 08:33 AM

They increased the maintained buff from 12 to 30...
Maintained buff will not be able to fit in my interface design anymore....Hate them to do it so long time after releasing the game.... :( :(

Laffs 03-14-2005 08:39 AM

A few mods with the same problem :(

Personaly I am just going to place the other 18 boxes out of the window lol

When I play the most I have ever had active is 4 lol, but then again me no healer :p

ger 03-14-2005 09:07 AM

I figure I can squeeze about 28 effects and 28 maintained across the top of my screen. ;) Don't think I've ever had that many of either up at any given time, so I should be okay.