EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Help!?!?! (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Small problem with severely customized YAFS UI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1899)

bachaco 03-15-2005 11:41 PM

Small problem with customized YAFS UI

3 Attachment(s)
Hi people. I'm uploading my current UI to you all, so that you please can find out what's wrong with this UI. I use mainly YAFS UI with several other windows, like some of Mook's UI windows( player, pet, hotbuttons) SaintSinner's .dds BLUE background files ,Trip's target window and Humudce's XP Bar

Problem I have is that no matter what GROUP window I place in the lot it always defaults to regular GROUP window. Dunno If I'm doing something wrong here, My .XML skills are NEG 100 :mad: , so I hope some of you guys can help me. I play at 1280x1024 and I include on the pack all of the files on my MYUI dir as well as my regular .ini file and a screenshot too.

I just want to use another group window, but when I load the game up, the game seems to ignore the new .xml group window (completely ignoring it) and always defaults to original group one, wich I hate. :( . For only that small detail, rest of this extremely mixed UI works very well. Wonder where´s the problem? :D

Edit: I'm also attaching my ui.log file, It always shows three lines with the text "Encountered data outside of container tags" , wonder if that's a problem too?

Deathbane27 03-15-2005 11:46 PM

Problem is in your eq2ui_mainhud.xml. For some reason that thing has the groupmember info in the file instead of referring to the include.

There's a big block of crap between

<include>eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml</include>

and

<include>eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml</include>

Delete it all and replace it with

<include>eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml</include>

bachaco 03-16-2005 12:07 AM

It Worked ... Kinda :P

2 Attachment(s)
Ahhh well, I managed to see another group window, but now I lose the nice looking edges on my windows :( , mostly what I like about YAFS :D

Check it

Also something I forgot to mention Deathbane27, your pet window for some weird reason always appears on the bottom of my screen, everytime I load up the game. Nothing that will cause me any headache but kinda funny to see it always roll back to the bottom, even when I Lock it a bit above , check it on the "WITHmainhudxmlfile.jpg", I think your pet window is ALIVE! :eek: , It won't stay still ;)

Edit: DUH, didnt see the editing part 'till I posted this, working on it now lemme see how it goes :P

Re-Edit: Game Crashed 8/ . Did Exactly as u said, deleted everything between those two lines and placed the line you typed. Game began to load with some windows without any kind of backgrounds and then game crashed :eek: , hehehe.

bachaco 03-16-2005 08:44 PM

I fixed it eventually :P

1 Attachment(s)
Well, thanx to Deathbane I managed to do the only logical thing. Since the eq2ui mainhud file had the groupmember info on it, I decided to copy and paste the xml code from the window I wanted into YAFS mainhud xml file. I deleted the old groupmember window code inside the file and placed the code from the window I wanted and the UI seemed to work fine!!! :D

Now I have a neat small group window on my new custom UI :P