EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   EQ2MAP (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Renewal of Sands Pretige Home (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19967)

maliki7676a 05-28-2023 09:14 PM

Renewal of Sands Pretige Home

Good day to you all.

I was wondering if there was a map already similiar to or like the Prestige home that we could re-use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
Ancestral of Skyfire Server

benjcallaghan 05-30-2023 04:30 PM

The Sands of Renewal prestige house (home_takish_) does look quite similar to the Buried Takish'Hiz dungeons. The first room looks like Takish Archives, which is the same layout as the final room in Foundation of Knowledge. The adjacent room looks like Chamber of Chronicles on that same map. Unfortunately, those two rooms aren't adjacent in any other version of Buried Takish'Hiz. Some clever adjustments with Photoshop and/or sub-zonerects could be used, but no existing map will work as-is.

maliki7676a 05-30-2023 05:41 PM

Kool,

Thanks, will see what I can do with Photoshop to get something that looks like the adjacent rooms and see if I might be able to over-lap them or something.

We'll see.

What gets me is the Devs create the zones, but don't give us maps for them already. Have to let Players create the maps. LOL..

maliki7676a 07-18-2023 10:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok,

I might have something that we can work with..

I looked at the home and got what I think is the layout with the adjoining rooms.

Can you do something with this?? (attached is the .dds file)

benjcallaghan 07-18-2023 08:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's pretty close to perfect already, close enough I was able to figure out the zonerect numbers for it. I was able to get a pretty good test with the following code block.

Code:

<ImageStyle Name="home_takish" displayname="Sands of Renewal Home" zonerect="-242, -1, 276, 380">
<ImageFrame Source="images/maps/map_home_takish.dds" SourceRect="0,0,696,512" />
</ImageStyle>

The one big problem is that the right room (all four segments) are mis-aligned on the image compared to the zone. The door used in the original map was set pretty close to the corner, while the door used in the house version is closer to the center of the room. I've marked roughly where the door should be in red. As a result, the north-south axis is off by half the width of the player indicator.

Despite the mis-alignment, it's certainly a usable map. Nobody would get lost if this is all they had to work with. If you would like, I can share the original images I used to make the dungeon map, including a .xcf (GIMP project) file with all of the original layers intact.

maliki7676a 07-19-2023 02:13 AM

Sure I would love that. I also update the file on my end. to close to your red dot.

thank you for all your help.

jnils 07-19-2023 03:27 PM

Better to use the original file if possible.
You need to fill the image better, to much margins right now.
And fix the background image to a standard map background.

maliki7676a 07-19-2023 09:03 PM

Ok, I have uploaded the new map file. adjusted the Rooms and Pathways. Moved the Rooms down a little, and got them to where you can see your character move more inline with the hallways. and the Center part is a hair off, but close enough. the edges of the Rooms are matching up as well.

with the Code you gave me and the attached map, it gets pretty darn close.

Thank you for all the help. This helps me A LOT...

My Mystic, Ancestral, will love to decorate his new Sands of Renewal Home now. and know where he is at now.

Here's a few pictures of the in-game map working.

benjcallaghan 07-21-2023 11:06 AM

Looks like a pretty good improvement to me. Here's a link to all of the artwork I used to create the original dungeon map. https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...-4?usp=sharing