EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Help!?!?! (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Default location of bag opening changing? (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=651)

Zaxis 12-14-2004 04:00 PM

Default location of bag opening changing?

Ok I am using the bag mod from Diamond's Compact file in the pieces area. But when they open they default to the top of the screen in a row. Is there any way to change where these open?

abaxion 12-14-2004 05:11 PM

bump. the bags are opening waay to the top of my screen

need fix!

malnedra 12-14-2004 07:46 PM

location=x,y in the inventory_bag.xml i set mine at 0,155. I have not seen a way to make them open anywhere but side by side.

Helaina 12-14-2004 11:57 PM

Bag opening

I've heard that this is actually a game problem, not ui. I'm using the default UI and no matter where i drag the open bag window to always opens up at the top again.

Averad 12-15-2004 02:56 AM

This is a problem with the game call sony. This has been brought up more then 4 times now please use search

Zaxis 12-17-2004 08:09 PM

I did... sorry man. I will shoot myself later :eek:

But thx for the answers. Won't but much help now that I will be dead ;)

Sauria Soulfarer 12-31-2004 08:34 PM

ooo that inventory_bag setting I'll have to play with now...I have 3 chatwindows set up across the top of my letterbox, but the default bag opening row always plops them across the text entry line the way I have them sized...didn't want to make them smaller either.

This might do the trick!

Edit...I'm a Coastal Crab hehe *crabwalks*

Sauria Soulfarer 01-02-2005 12:05 PM

Figured out what I was doing wrong and how to make this work.

In the default UI folder is eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml and the Location you need to alter is near the top:

<Page Activated="true" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="4,110" MaximumSize="1024,1024" MinimumSize="20,20" Name="Bag" ScrollExtent="225,268" Size="225,268" UserMovable="true" Visible="false">

You can change that Location="4,110" it's in the form x,y from the upper left corner of your screen.

However the mistake I made is leaving it in the Default folder. It will be overwritten there, seemingly even if you change the value then mark the file Read Only.

What you have to do (even if you don't have a custom UI but just want to make this change) is make a custom UI folder (instructions in the FAQs about installing custom UI all over this board and site) and put the modified eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml in it. Then once you do the things you need to do to activate the custom UI, the game will start to use the special version of the bag xml in your folder and it won't be overridden.

The key is, think of this as a Mod. Even if you change one value in one xml file, it is a Modification. The game will reject modified files unless forced to accept them.