EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   ThorUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Wanting to know what this means (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6447)

BlueDragon0980 07-15-2006 03:58 AM

Wanting to know what this means

Ok i have Thor UI and have used it since it was released. I have been haveing interesting issues come up recently regarding when i log into one of my char it will get to the loading UI screen then just shut down the whole game. I was wondering if anyone has heard or seen this happen. Fae uf u need log info i have just send me a email k.

Faetyl 07-15-2006 09:52 AM

A corrupt window placements file comes to mind first.
Try backing up your window placements file the character in question first "SERVER_CHARACTER_eq2_uisettings.ini" then delete it and see if you can log in to the game.

If that doesn't do it then try deleting your eq2.ini and launch the game without running the ThorUI AU.
If that gets you in then the issue is most likely contained somewhere in the thorui folder.

Try those two options starting with the first and let me know what the results are.

BlueDragon0980 07-15-2006 11:32 AM

Error shown

ok this is the error i get when i try and log in with my char

Couldn't load eq2ui_listboxrow_template2.xml
Encountered data outside of container tags

do u know what that means

Faetyl 07-15-2006 01:44 PM

That references a lot actually.

Did you follow the steps and if so what was the result of each?

BlueDragon0980 07-15-2006 06:47 PM

yes i did all the steps that u asked me to do and i still had the issue so i was wondering if that was why it was doing it

Faetyl 07-15-2006 07:54 PM

if you delete the window placement file for the character AND deleted the eq2.ini file there is something wrong with your EQ2 files.

Try a thorough file scan via the EQ2 launcher

P.S. Wish I could help more but you just verified the issue isn't related to the characters window placements file nor the Custom UI you're using.

BlueDragon0980 07-15-2006 09:31 PM

where can i find the character placement window file?

Faetyl 07-16-2006 12:14 AM

"SERVER_CHARACTER_eq2_uisettings.ini"is in your EverQuest II directory
if your characters name was bob and you play on the unrest server the file would look like so:
"unrest_bob_eq2_uisettings.ini"

BlueDragon0980 07-16-2006 01:05 AM

ok i have deleted that many times and found that when i delete i can log in for about 5 min. Then when i zone to another zone the game will stop at the loading UI resources and that is when i get that issus that i was talking about. When i contacted SOE they said it was an issue with the UI. And from all i have seen there is no file called that which they say is missing or not found. because it will do it on the default UI. I am so confused right now about this that i am just about to throw my comp thru a window. I am also on yahoo now my name is [email protected] if want to try and im this one with me

Faetyl 07-16-2006 02:16 AM

If you deleted both files "SERVER_CHARACTER_eq2_uisettings.ini" and "eq2.ini" you eliminated (1) a possible corruption with the character window placements file and (2) anything to do with the custom UI.

If you didn't then you need to start over and try those steps.

BlueDragon0980 07-16-2006 11:44 AM

do u think that my char might be messed up on the SOE server. That might be why he is not staying in. The reason why i say that is because i can stay logged in with any of my other chars. if u would like i am on yahoo right now if u want to send me a IM

Faetyl 07-16-2006 01:29 PM

add me to your yahoo messenger list

thorsparks

Don't know your handle or i'd add you :)

I think the issue is related to the characters window placements file since it sounds like your other characters can log in fine.

We just need to make sure we backup then delete the file for sure and try and have you login.

Note: This isn't ThorUI related but I will try and help where I can.