EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   UI Developer Discussion (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Loading and creating skins (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148)

Ellyana 10-24-2004 03:37 PM

Woot!

Gallenite
Technical Director, EQII

Viewed 42 times

There's really no switch -- Modding and loading UIs is already in the client. :)

We'll be releasing a dev tool to help with creating new skins sometime this week.
10-24-2004 01:03 PM

link

Dolby 10-24-2004 03:57 PM

Thats great news! Right now there isn't a /loadskin command so its makeing it a bit difficult to play with custom interfaces. hehe.

Dolby 10-24-2004 05:05 PM

Loading and creating skins

Well after recieving some info from agra on the eq2 beta forums /loadui is the command.

Now the UI folder in the EQII folder is where you make your custom folder. For every custom folder you MUST have eq2ui_skininfo.xml in it. You need to edit it and put your skin name, version, author, webpage, etc into it.

I made a custom folder and copied insom's player window and a eq2ui_skininfo.xml and sure enough it showed up on the /loadui menu. I then loaded it however the stats in insom's player window did not work, it only showed the genaric numbers for the hp / power stats. Maybe with this info some of you people can figure out why.

I'm guessing a few other files need to be in that custom folder. It doesnt look like the graphics need to be in there becuase the graphics loaded from the default folder just fine.

Warning... after using /loadui more then once you will crash the next time you use it if you dont shut down EQII and start it back up.

Sir Taleisin The Seer 10-24-2004 08:45 PM

EQ2 interface so complex :-(

Lunix-EQ2 might take a while ~sigh~

guice 10-24-2004 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Taleisin The Seer
EQ2 interface so complex :-(

Lunix-EQ2 might take a while ~sigh~

Complex? It's nothing like WoW's interface where you gotta learn LUA (a programming language) to get the full benefits. EQII's UI is still just XML.

insomniac 10-24-2004 11:25 PM

that is very awesome, i just hope by "help with creating new skins" he means WYSIWYG editor. i knew they couldnt expect human beings to manipulate that code.

insomniac 10-24-2004 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby
I made a custom folder and copied insom's player window and a eq2ui_skininfo.xml and sure enough it showed up on the /loadui menu. I then loaded it however the stats in insom's player window did not work, it only showed the genaric numbers for the hp / power stats. Maybe with this info some of you people can figure out why.

Somebody (i can't run eq2 atm) try making a copy of the default folder and pasting the custom file into it. If it works, we're missing a file. If you still get generic text, it's sony's problem.

Esperant 10-25-2004 12:00 AM

Hey... I read skins! My calling :D

Kudane 10-25-2004 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniac
Somebody (i can't run eq2 atm) try making a copy of the default folder and pasting the custom file into it. If it works, we're missing a file. If you still get generic text, it's sony's problem.

thats exactly what i did. and it crashed the whole game.

Your stuff works fine in the default folder when you bypass the patcher.. but put it in its own folder and BLAM... crashed.

Dolby 10-25-2004 12:29 AM

wonder if it would work if you just copied over all the default XML files. I'll have to test this.

Kudane 10-25-2004 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby
wonder if it would work if you just copied over all the default XML files. I'll have to test this.

loads oddly and then crashes..

insomniac 10-25-2004 08:36 AM

i.. um.. cant get it to work :o
in C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II Beta\UI\insom's mods\ i have a skininfo file and all i'm getting is the default ui. am i screwing something up?

Edit: well i can get the window to list custom stuff, but when i click ok it highlights the default mod and .... thats it. it doesn't attempt to load anything.

Dolby 10-25-2004 12:37 PM

Well you have a ' and a space in your folder name. That may be the problem... I know EQL wouldnt like that.

insomniac 10-25-2004 12:54 PM

ah ha! yes that um... "worked" i guess, i think i prefer it doing nothing that what just happened.

thanks.

Edit: didn't think i would have to dumb down the file name for a game released in 2004! maybe if i name it Insoms~1 it will be happier :rolleyes:

Justar 10-29-2004 10:32 PM

I managed to get a UI to load without crashing by copying most of the files from the default. It has these 2 major issues:

1) Player stats window doesn't actually include YOUR stats. It just shows some placeholder.
2) The Maintained Buffs all show up like the little white burst you get when you counter a tradeskill event.

Additionally, it wouldn't save the UI choice. Every time I restarted, I was back to the default UI.

Lerche 10-30-2004 01:20 AM

Yes,
so like here?
Beta-Forum

Thatīs the problem. It works, if you start the patcher first and copy the ui-file in the default folder directly before playing.

insomniac 10-30-2004 01:36 AM

old thread guys, read the sticky